We've all heard of polishing a video game - developers and publishers often mention the phrase in the same breath as a delay announcement. Now we've got nail polish inspired by video games.
The announcement comes from Microsoft itself - there's an Xbox-inspired spring 2022 collection from nail polish brand OPI, and it includes 12 colours based on various Xbox bits and bobs, with game-related names to go along with them.
And if you buy the polish at certain shops, you unlock hue-matched in-game content for both Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. Here's the (sparkly!) Halo Infinite armour coating:
And here's the Forza car coating:
Here's the list:
- Quest for Quartz: A shimmery rose quartz that will put you in the winner circle.
- Pixel Dust: A shimmery mauve pink that will pixelate your world.
- Racing for Pinks: A crème rose that will rev your engine.
- Suzi is My Avatar: A creamy pink-nude that will give you virtual power.
- Trading Paint: A crème apricot you'll race to the finish for.
- Heart and Con-soul: A shimmery crimson red that takes nails to the next level.
- The Pass is Always Greener: Meet your matcha with this creamy pastel green.
- Sage Simulation: Get lost in a shimmery sage green simulation.
- You Had Me at Halo: A shimmery galactic blue that will give you sparkly stats.
- Can't CTRL Me: A shimmery robin's egg blue that cannot be CTRL'd.
- Achievement Unlocked: Unlock a world of colour that's lilac optimised.
- N00berry: Berry boost your nails with this deep crème purple.
The collection goes on sale globally from February. Anything take your fancy?
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.