Next-gen CoD2/Quake IV.
UPDATED: With the curtain now up on the Xbox 360 showcase, we can update the list with proper platforms. Both Call of Duty 2 and Quake IV will appear on X360. As will Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.
Activision has joined the lengthy list of publishers announcing their E3 line-ups pre-show. Curiously, the publisher provided the list without any platform information, and US representatives wouldn't provide any upon request either.
Even so, there's only one thing we didn't actually expect - a second "Call of Duty 2" subtitled "Big Red One", which is apparently squad-based and has to do with one of the most famous American divisions, the 1st Infantry.
The assumption has to be that proper Call of Duty 2 for the PC is being followed to market by a console version with a slightly different name. Otherwise it makes no sense. But is it for current or next-generation? Judging by leaks elsewhere today, it could be next-gen.
Other titles on the list include Ultimate Spider-Man, which has been trailed in a few UK mags, the second X-Men Legends title, Quake IV - obviously - and a new Tony Hawk game called "Tony Hawk's American Wasteland", which is apparently so-called because it's totally seamless. It also features BMXs.
The full line-up, as announced tonight, is included below:
- Call of Duty 2 (PC, Xbox 360)
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2)
- Fantastic 4 (Xbox, GC, PS2)
- The Movies (PC, Xbox, GC, PS2)
- Quake 4 (PC, X360)
- Shrek SuperSlam (Xbox, GC, PS2, DS, Game Boy Advance)
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Xbox, GC, PS2)
- Ultimate Spider-Man (GC, Xbox, PS2, PC, and GBA)
- X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (PSP, Xbox, GC, PS2)