New FIFA 14 patch tackles connectivity and freezing issues
Out now on PC. PS3 and 360 versions due this week.
EA Sports has announced that a new patch for FIFA 14 is live on PC and will follow on PS3 and Xbox 360 later this week.
The new patch is part of a concerted effort to eliminate game freezes that have been infuriating console owners - particularly on Xbox 360 - and also goes after a number of other minor issues.
"On freezing and crashing: our game data shows that previous updates and maintenance periods have helped immensely to improve stability but we will continue to investigate these reports internally and with our partners," the game's community manager wrote on the official forum. "In this update, we have addressed connectivity issues, and instances of freezing and crashing in several game modes."
Here's the full list of promised fixes:
- Career Mode lag when subbing players
- Fixed several FIFA Ultimate Team hangs, including:
- * One instance of a crash when entering the FIFA Ultimate Team main menu
- * A hang when comparing players after accepting a trade offer
- Skill Games pad arrows now switched to pass receiver when he gets the ball
- Virtual Pro numbers defaulting to 9 after a match
- Corrected instances of kit clashing
- New kits on Creation Centre showing as EA Kit 1
- Fixed some audio scenarios
- Co-Op Seasons squad changes will be reflected on teammate's screen
- Added Bahia licensed kits and crest
The previous patch for FIFA 14 also included substantial gameplay tweaks, although if the new patch also mixes things up then EA isn't advertising that fact. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, so I couldn't say, but if you have any theories then let us know in the comments.
Here's a video report I put together on the previous patch: