Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition PC/Mac release date announced
"The mobile versions should be very close as well."
Old-school RPG enhancer Beamdog has Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition nearly ready to go. The release date for the PC (Windows/Linux) and Mac versions is 30th October. It will be available from Beamdog's store, Steam and GOG.
"The mobile versions should be very close as well," project leader Trent Oster said on Twitter (via PC Gamer).
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is the old Icewind Dale RPG plus:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- A new Story Mode difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
Beamdog did a good job enhancing Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2. True, you can get a similar experience for cheaper buying the old game and installing mods, but that's a faff and there's more to the Enhanced Editions than that. Plus, these games are mobile for the first time.