Homefront Xbox freeze bug fix ASAP - THQ
"Day or two" from MS certification.
A Critical Title Update for Homefront on Xbox 360 is "a day or two" away from Microsoft certification, THQ has announced.
This addresses the Profile Corruption error (the "Freeze bug") and is "highest priority", the company wrote on the Homefront blog.
"We are also including a fix for multiplayer connectivity and ping time issues, where players are being sent to distant server locations at the expense of performance. We expect this update to be submitted to Microsoft really soon and we will be working with them very closely to get this approved and deployed as quickly as possible," THQChris added.
Once that urgent patch has been released, a second update containing a handful of fixes (patch notes below) will be sent to Microsoft for verification. A PS3 version will go to Sony "as soon as the issues are resolved".
On PC there is no certification process required, so when a patch is ready it will be released.
"Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process," wrote THQ. "We apologise for the inconvenience to your Homefront Multiplayer experience and are working 24/7 to make it as enjoyable as possible!"
Update 1: Xbox 360 Critical Title Update
- Scheduled for Microsoft Submission in the next day or two
- Fixing the Xbox Live Profile Corruption 'Freeze' Issue
- Fix for players being matched in distant server locations
Update 2: Additional Game Issues Fixes
- Playstation 3 Update will release as soon as fixes are ready
- Xbox 360 will submit as soon as Update 1 is released live
- Fixing Multiplayer Freezing (affecting X360 & PS3)
- Experience and Statistics Resets (affecting X360 & PS3)
- Improving Party Matchmaking & Joining with Friends (affecting X360 & PS3)
- Fixing the Beacon Error (affecting X360 only)
- Correcting inconsistent Leaderboards data (affecting X360 & PS3)