A new update for the PC version of Portal 2 hit Steam over the weekend.
No major changes have been made but a number of crash-causing bugs have been squashed and a few localisation issues ironed out.
Here are the full patch notes, which should take effect next time you boot up your Steam client:
- Fixed: Occasional crash after Alt-Tab/minimizing or running in a window on certain graphics hardware
- Fixed: Crashes and/or graphical glitches after changing video settings without exiting game
- Fixed: Player stuck at the beginning of Chapter 6
- Fixed: Crash attempting to use other weapons (e.g. mods) with Portal 2
- Fixed: Mouse cursor doesn't highlight UI elements in game on Mac OSX
- Fixed: Numerous localization bugs and improvements (also added Czech and Turkish localized text)
- Fixed: Overflow bug in keyvalues
- Fixed: Voice functionality regression (voice again enabled by default)
- Fixed: Joystick now defaults to off in order to avoid issues with non-joystick hardware that registers itself as a joystick
- Fixed: French sentences are not wrapping correctly in subtitles and commentary
- Improved: Handling of Mac OSX crashes
- Improved: Updates and bug fixes to Robot Enrichment
- Improved: Reliability on unsupported Intel Mobile Series 4 Express chipsets
- Removed: Unsupported console commands ("retry", "switch_teams") that caused problems if used
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.