A free content update for muddy PS3 marauder MotorStorm will be available to download on 7th June.
It'll add a new Time Attack mode that will let you set your best time on each course using any vehicle you choose. You'll then get a chance to try and beat your fastest time, which will appear as a "ghost" car on the course.
If you go dangerously fast and happen to make it round in one piece, your impressive "ghost" will be uploaded automatically to the PlayStation Network. Here other dirty dabblers will be able to download their record race and battle to beat it. There's even the opportunity to face-off against up-to seven other "ghosts" at one time - taking on the expert times of Evolution Studios if you get a little over confident.
Alongisde Time Attack is a whole host of fine-tuning and tweaks we had previously expected in May. The most significant of these is a change to the player ranking system. This will result in a complete reset of the scoreboards, so be prepared.
A full list of fixes can be found below:
- Game List Improvement - 'Game Status' is now displayed with the game list in the online lobby making it easier to find a session where you'll be able to join and race promptly.
- Host Identification - Within the game lobby the host is now clearly identified by a 'host' icon visible to all players and updated during host migration.
- Boost Exploit - A bug involving the boost system that allowed a player to use boost in an exploitative manner has been resolved.
- Buddy List Size - This has been updated to support up to 50 friends.
- Text Cut-off - When playing in standard definition all messages will now display as intended.
- Improved Stability Online - Online gameplay stability has been improved.
- Audio issues - All known issues with 5.1 / 7.1 surround have been fixed. Audio issues within the front-end have been resolved.
- Player Ranking - Players were found to be ranked incorrectly due to a bug. Because of this all online rankings will be reset and the ranking system should now function correctly. Evolution and Sony apologize for this measure but it will result in a fairer and more stable ranking system for all players.
- Auto-Start - Races will be forced to start after a fixed countdown which should dramatically reduce the waiting times in lobbies. Hosts may delay this countdown up to three times.
- Save Data Corruption - When quitting the game using the PS button it was possible to corrupt the save game data. This will no longer occur.
- Lobby Information - Upcoming track and current lap details will be displayed in lobbies.
- Vehicle Damage - When restarting a single player race during a death camera the damage wasn't always reset at the start of the next race. This has now been resolved.
- Missing Audio - Audio effects were missing from the death camera, these have now been reinstated.
- Name Tags - Added ability to switch the player name tags on / off during online races using a single button press (L1).
You'll be able to download it all for free from the PlayStation Store on 7th June.
Will you support Eurogamer?