Mortal Kombat stealth update
Some characters buffed, some nerfed.
NetherRealm has updated fighting game Mortal Kombat to implement balance changes.
As Eurogamer revealed last month, the developer is able to tweak the game without having players download an update.
It has now down so, as revealed by Test Your Might.
- Reduced some of Kung Lao's combo and overall damage.
- Reduced the damage on some special moves.
- Increased the damage scaling after Kitana's Enhanced ground fan toss.
- Adjusted some juggle's damage scaling.
- Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
- Increased Sheeva's damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
- Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya's fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
- Changed Kano's Towards Front Kick to a low block.
- Reduced the recovery on Kano's Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage's Flip Kick recovery.
- Increased the damage of some of Baraka's special moves and attacks.
- It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka's chopchop on the ground.
- Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
- Baraka's Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.
- Reduced some of Reptile's combo damage.
The stealth update is a precursor to a sweeping patch due in the next couple of weeks. This coincides with the launch of the Skarlet DLC.
Meanwhile, Warner Bros. has waived the need to use Mortal Kombat's Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 version of the game.
With the PlayStation Store currently down for maintenance, it is impossible to redeem the code, preventing online play.
The PlayStation Store is thought to go live tomorrow.