Modern Warfare 3 Title Update 8 released on Xbox Live
Striker nerf! YouTube upload speeds increased!
Title Update 8 has been released for Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox Live, and is in certification on PlayStation 3.
"It will be out shortly on all platforms soon," wrote Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling, perhaps in a hurry.
Title Update 8 improves networking, Theater, "host disadvantage" and "lag comp".
YouTube upload speed has been increased from 32K to 256K.
All Akimbo weapons have been nerfed - weakened via reduced fire rate - and shotguns have been "re-balanced". The Striker shotgun has had a "slight nerf", and all other shotguns a "slight buff".
Fixed are a bug preventing some gamers from getting a prestige token, and a "games played" statistic bug.
All of the Modern Warfare 3 Title Updates are listed, with the most recent presented first, below.
We've also included the list of Modern Warfare 3 developments Infinity Ward is currently working on.
Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development and/or Discussion:
- Further improvements to the Spawn system
- Improvement to PS3 Mic Quality.
- HD Video Uploads on PS3
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to 'unlock all' for competitive play in System Link only.
Aaaand those Title Updates already released:
- TU8: Networking enhancements, Theater improvements and fixes, Further improvements to "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Comp", Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k, Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate), Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns), Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging, fix stat bug that retains "games played" stat across prestiges.
- TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered. Plus ability to hot fix additional tweaks based on user feedback to this change.
- TU6: Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat loss when player loses connection from server (internet pull / drop).
- TU5: Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.
- TU4: Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.
- TU3: Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.
- TU2: Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.
- TU1: Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.