Fortnite now has the Rift-To-Go item, which lets players create a rift for themselves or their allies.
When you activate it you're teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode. The rift remains at the location it was deployed for 10 seconds, letting other players use it. Of note: enemies can follow you through your rift, so be warned. The video, below, shows it off in action.
Rift-To-Go carries an epic rarity and drops in stacks of one, with a max stack size of two. It can be found in chests, vending machines, supply drops and loot llamas.
Elsewhere, as part of the Fortnite v5.30 patch, Epic has added the Score Royale limited time mode. Here, you earn points by collecting coins, opening loot containers and killing enemies. As you'd expect, the player who crosses the high score threshold first wins.
The patch makes a number of bug fixes, weapon and item changes and tweaks to gameplay. The patch notes in full are on Epic's website, but it's worth highlighting a few details:
- Pump Shotgun equip time has been shortened from 0.96 seconds to 0.88 seconds.
- Double Barrel shotgun now has a spread reduction of 15 per cent while crouched.
- Clingers will now only explode when their fuse has expired.
- Clingers will no longer explode if the object they are attached to is destroyed. They will be affected by gravity and fall until they stick to another object or their fuse expires.
- Added an option to auto-sort consumable items to the rightmost empty quick bar slot when picked up.
And, my favourite:
- Whiteout Outfit now has 100 per cent more neck.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.