Eight PS2 games coming to PS4 tomorrow
Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, GTAs and more.
Eight PS2 games are being added to PS4 tomorrow to commemorate PlayStation's 20th anniversary.
As detailed on the US PlayStation Blog, here are the initial PS2 games and their prices:
- Dark Cloud - $14.99 (about £10)
- Grand Theft Auto III - $14.99 (about £10)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - $14.99 (about £10)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $14.99 (about £10)
- Rogue Galaxy - $14.99 (about £10)
- The Mark of Kri - $14.99 (about £10)
- Twisted Metal: Black - $9.99 (about £7)
- War of the Monsters - $9.99 (about £7)
On top of adding these evergreen titles to Sony's latest console, the console manufacturer worked with the original developers to add Trophies to each game. "Each title's Trophy set has been carefully developed in conjunction with feedback from the original creators to be sure that they capture the spirit and feeling of each game," said SCE Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida
Furthermore, each title will be up-rendered in 1080p and include the usual PS4-specific features like Remote Play, Live Broadcast, Share Play, Activity Feeds, and Second Screen support for game manuals via the Vita or PlayStation App.
Yoshida said that Sony will bring more PS2 games to PS4 with "new releases on a regular basis."
For comparisons sake, here's the list of classic PS2 titles released on PS3. Perhaps this is where Sony will start with its vintage ports. What PS2 titles would you like to see given the PS4 treatment?