Season 1 of Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone is almost here - ushering in the first full season for Treyarch's 2020 shooter, and a reset for the numbering of Warzone's seasons.
As always, there will be a new Battle Pass to purchase, which will have a variety of rewards which will be shared between Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone.
This page outlines the Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 1 release time and some of what you have to look forward to in the (new) Warzone Season 1.
On this page:
Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 1 release time in BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
Update (December 16th): We are now live! Here's everything you need to know about the new season:
- Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass skins
- Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone patch notes
- Warzone - Rebirth Island map access: How to play on Rebirth Island explained
Original story: The Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 1 release date is Wednesday, December 16th and the season going live at the following times:
- UK: 7am (BST / UK)
- Europe: 8am (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 2am (EST / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 11pm on December 15th (PST / West Coast US)
These times are similar to previous seasons - meaning those in Europe can wake up to the new season, or those across the pond having the option of making a start in the late evening / very early morning. (Which we would advise against - your sleep is important!)
Note for Black Ops - Cold War players, you can download the update now ahead of the new season starting - with a hint of what's time come in the early Cold War patch notes.
Warzone players, meanwhile, will get an update at some point today - hopefully meaning in both cases, you can start playing at the above release times without having to wait for a long download first.
As always, be prepared for the above times to change in case there's any last minute changes or setbacks from the developer.
What's new in Season 1 of Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone?
This update is a big one; for Black Ops - Cold War players, it offers the first full season of updates. For Warzone players, it marks the integration of a second Call of Duty game, sharing weapons and other additions.
- Three new Operators - Stitch: Warsaw Pact (launch week), Bulldozer: NATO (in season) and Zeyna: NATO (in season)
- Five new weapons for Black Ops - Cold War - the MAC 10 SMG (launch week), the Groza assault rifle (launch week), the Streetsweeper shotgun (in season), the Sledgehammer melee (in season), and the Wakizashi melee (in season)
- New modes for Black Ops - Cold War, including Gunfight 2v2 (launch week), Prop Hunt 6v6 (launch week), Dropkick 6v6 (in season), Combined Arms: Hardpoint 12v12 (in season)
- New maps for Black Ops - Cold War, including The Pines, Raid, Nuketown '84 Holiday, Game Show, ICBM, KGB, U-Bahn (all launch week) and Sanatorium, Vehicle: Tactical Raft (in season)
- New zombies modes for Black Ops - Cold War, including Jingle Hells (launch week) and Cranked (in season)
- New Season Challenges and Prestige levels
- New standalone map in Warzone, Rebirth Island
- New Verdansk Gulag in Warzone
- New Resurgence mode in Warzone
- New Attack Helicopter in Warzone
- Over 30 Black Ops - Cold War weapons in Warzone
- Integration of Warzone and Black Ops - Cold War progression
Good luck in this first new season!
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.