Season 5 of Modern Warfare: Warzone is almost here - and with it comes some of the biggest updates to the mode since release.
As well as several new map features, as always, you'll be able to purchase a new Battle Pass, which is shared between Modern Warfare and Warzone.
This page outlines the Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 5 release time and what you can look forward to in Warzone Season 5.
On this page:
Modern Warfare: Warzone Season 5 release time in BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
Update: The patch has arrived! Here's a rundown of what's featured:
- Modern Warfare: Warzone Season 5 Battle Pass skins and Operators, including Lerch, Shadow Company and Tier 100 skin Rook
- Modern Warfare and Warzone patch notes for Season 5
- Warzone map changes: Stadium, Train and Exterior Ascension changes explained
- As Call of Duty: Warzone popularity explodes, Activision prepares to reveal Black Ops Cold War within its battle royale
The Modern Warfare Season 5 release date is Wednesday, August 5th and the update is expected to be released at the following times:
- UK: 7am (BST / UK)
- Europe: 8am (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 2am (EST / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 11pm on June 10th (PST / West Coast US)
These times are based on the previous two seasons, and should be the same here. As always, you might have to wait for both the download and maintenance time for the patch to be completed, but how long this will take depends on which platform you're using.
If you're on PlayStation, there's the opportunity to start pre-downloading the patch ahead of Wednesday, as outlined by developer Infinity Ward:
PlayStation players, be aware that many of you are now able to pre-load Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 5 content on PS4 in preparation for its release on August 4th!https://t.co/j5JjriUK9Z— Activision Support (@ATVIAssist) August 3, 2020
Season 5 is here, and it features new Season 5 Battle Pass skins and Operators to unlock and map changes to explore. You can read all about it in the latest Warzone patch notes. There is also new challenges to complete in the form of Sins of the Father Intel. While you get accustomed to the new season, read up on our Warzone tips and tricks, list of best Warzone loadouts, the best Warzone perks, how the Warzone Gulag works and how to quickscope.
What's new in Season 5 of Modern Warfare: Warzone?
Season 5 is set to offer some of the most substantial changes to the Warzone mode to date. This is teased to include:
- The arrival of Shadow Company, a faction formed after the Armistice between the Allegiance and Coalition broke down, of which three operators are aligned - Rozlin "Roze" Helms, Velikan, and company leader Marcus "Lerch" Ortega. If Shadow Company sounds familiar, they are the unit under the command of Modern Warfare 2's General Shepherd - and should form a part of the new Battle Pass.
- A new Battle Pass, with 100 levels of new unlocks, including weapon Blueprints and COD Points, which can be progressed across all Modern Warfare multiplayer modes.
- The Warzone map is set to see a number of changes and additions - including a moving train (best of luck landing on it!) and the opening of the stadium. Should be interesting!
- Four new maps in Modern Warfare multiplayer - two 6v6 (Suldal Harbor, Petrov Oil Rig), one Ground War (Verdansk Intl. Airport) and one Gunfight (Livestock).
- New weapons, including the AN94, which will be playable play across all of Modern Warfare's multiplayer modes.
Though not confirmed, new modes have also previously been rolled out throughout the season, and it's likely Season 5 will be the same.
Good luck in Modern Warfare Season 5!