UPDATE: Sony has confirmed the contents of this huge patch to Eurogamer. From the horse's mouth, they are:
- Seasonal Events: [Seasonal Events] has been added to the upper left of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official events being held for a limited time. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
- Hot Car Dealer: A [Hot Car Dealer] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In the Hot Car Dealer you'll find popular and rare used cars.You might just come across that one car you've always been looking for, that you haven't been able to find in the [Used Car Dealer]
- Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
- Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life]
- Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time. (Until the end of January, 2011).
ORIGINAL STORY: Eurogamer has been informed that Gran Turismo 5 has received a meaty 608MB patch.
This, patch 1.05, is available now, but we're still unclear on what's inside.
A gargantuan thread on NeoGAF cites early findings as the optional removal of a HUD, back-up saves, online events, online car dealerships and mechanical damage offline.
Please if you've already downloaded, let us know below what you found.