Anno 2070, last year's entry in Ubisoft's long-running RTS series, gets a major expansion this Autumn, the publisher has announced.
Titled Deep Ocean, it adds a new civilisation level, with the Tech faction expanded by the Genius class.
The new class offers access to the new Tech Monument, corresponding production chains and consumption goods.
You can also expect new vehicles and items, which will allow you to develop industries, strengthen your economy and exploit new resources. See the new screens below for a closer look.
Other new features added in the expansion include the following:
- Acquire enemy territories without using military force through the "Hostile Takeover" feature
- Resolve energy problems by building the new underwater geothermal power plant
- Optimise energy supply through "Energy transfer" between islands
- Face a new dangerous disaster: The Tsunami
- Unlock new rewards for each faction's career ladder
- Take advantage of new underwater trading routes
- Experience over 150 new challenging quests
- Unlock over 30 new achievements
- Access to player comparison via new leaderboards
There's no word on a firm release date or price as of yet.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.