LA Noire's The Driver's Seat is one of many cases on the Traffic desk, following on from Buyer Beware.
If you're interested in help elsewhere, our LA Noire guide and walkthrough is well worth a visit. Otherwise, here's how to solve The Driver's Seat.
The Driver's Seat
Congratulations, detective, you made it out of uniform - now go and prove you're worth of the job.
Location: P.E. Freight Depot
- Talk to the doctor who's examining the car.
- Open the trunk of the car and collect the Receipt for Live Hog.
- Investigate Evidence Marker A to find Adrian Black's Wallet and Stenzel Glasses.
- Investigate Evidence Marker B to find the blood-covered Instaheat pipe.
- Investigate Evidence Marker C to find the Blood Stains.
Interview Nate Wilkey:
- Purpose at Scene: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Knowledge of Adrian Black: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Contents of Wallet: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Bloodstained Pipe Found: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Location: Black Residence
Your second newspaper is on the dining room table.
- Pick up the matchbook on the table near the newspaper to discover Cavanagh's Bar, then use the phone to get the address.
- Train Ticket in the bedroom.
- On the dresser in the same room there's a Stenzel glasses case.
- On the dresser is a picture; examine it closely to find a Conceale Message inside.
- On the kitchen table there is an Instaheat flyer and an Instaheat receipt.
- Head outside and look below the kitchen window; you'll need to assemble the boiler plumbing. The straight copper pipe goes to the copper fixtures on the left, the bent copper pipe goes to the copper fixtures on the right, the steel pipe with two bends goes on the steel fixtures on the right, and the steel pipe with one bend goes to the steel fixture on the left.
Interview Margaret Black:
- Slaughterhouse Receipt: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Cavanagh's Bar matchbook: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Location of Adrian Black: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Stenzel Glasses Case: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Photograph signed Nicole: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Concealed Message.
- Alibi for Mrs. Black: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Location: Cavanagh's Bar
Talk to the bartender, and he'll tell you to talk to Frank Morgan in the room at the back of the bar.
Need more assistance? Our LA Noire walkthrough and guide takes you through the details of every single case, step-by-step. In the open world meanwhile, we cover Golden Reel locations, Badge Pursuit Challenge locations, Landmark locations, an outfits list, a hidden vehicles and cars list and finally how to complete LA Noire Street Crime side-quests.
Frank Morgan interview
- Link to abandoned vehicle: Accuse (or Lie in the original version).
- Evidence: Reciept for Live Hog.
- Location of Adrian Black: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version). (Answering this question incorrectly will mean you need to tail him, which is a long and thankless task.)
Next case: LA Noire - The Consul's Car
Location: Frank Morgan's Apartment
Look at the mailboxes to learn he lives in apartment #2. When you arrive you'll need to chase Adrian Black, and eventually your partner will cut him off.
Congratulations! Your first day on the job and you've got your man. A promising start - keep it up and the future could be pretty rosy.