Konami has released a patch for Metal Gear Online, the free online component of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots that was released just shy of three years ago.
It's designed to "detect fraudulent network connections, which will slow down the gameplay during the session". Presumably the patch will block those fraudulent network connections and thus speed up gameplay.
Other changes include:
- Specification Changes Drebin Points for weapons have been adjusted.
- Weapon parameters have been adjusted.
- Skill parameters have been adjusted.
- Skills for Unique Characters have been adjusted.
- Player Character movement has been increased overall.
- Idle Kicks have been implemented for Auto Matching.
Going forward, Konami will regularly update the game's background music with tracks from the Metal Gear Solid series.
Metal Gear Online was released on 12th June, 2008 - the same day as Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Dan Whitehead awarded it 7/10 for Eurogamer.
Will you support Eurogamer?