Dishonored 2's highly requested New Game Plus mode is now in beta for PC and will arrive on all platforms Monday, 19th December.
This will allow players to begin a second campaign carrying over their powers and upgrades from the first. Better yet, you can select a different character for a subsequent playthrough and thus have access to both Emily and Corvo's unique skills.
You'll keep all of your Bonecharm Traits and Runes can be reassigned, should you want to re-spec your character in this encore adventure.
"If you've wanted to play Emily Kaldwin with Possession or Devouring Swarm, or Corvo Attano with Domino, now you can," said creative director Harvey Smith. "We've been having fun with it here at Arkane Studios, and we hope you will too."
Dishonored 2's other most request addition, a Mission Select option, will follow in the game's second free update in January. This patch will also add "Custom Difficulty Settings", though it's unclear exactly what these will be just yet.
The full patch notes are as follows:
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues