DICE dishes Battlefield 3 beta tips
10 hints for Operation Metro.
Battlefield 3's online beta is now available to all, after 48 hours exclusive access for limited edition Medal of Honour owners and those who pre-ordered through Origin.
In the trial, players get a glimpse at BF3 map Operation Metro.
DICE has armed players with 10 top tips for survival in the map. Find them below.
Not got the Battlefield 3 beta yet? On PS3, click Demos from the PSN storefront. On Xbox 360, it's in the Demos section of the Xbox Live Marketplace or set it downloading via Xbox.com.
On PC, the beta is accessible via Origin's "free games" section. Not got Origin? Nab it free here.
DICE's top ten Battlefield 3 Operation Metro tips:
- Stick to your team mates, and remember to spawn on them to stay close to the fight.
- Use your kit specific abilities to help your team mates. Assault can hand out med kits, Engineers can repair vehicles, and Support can hand out ammo.
- Make sure when you have armed an M-COM station, that you defend it to make sure it is destroyed.
- The bombed-out tunnel section in Operation Métro is an excellent place to use a flashlight as one of your weapon attachments. Use it to light the tunnels up - and to blind your enemies.
- Attach bipods to your weapon and deploy it automatically by pushing up against cover or going prone and zooming in - this gives you a huge increase in accuracy and stability.
- Use suppressive shooting (fire close to enemies behind cover) to negatively effect the enemy's fighting capabilities.
- Watch out for falling debris as this can hurt you. But you can also hurt your enemies by taking out buildings with the Engineer's RPG.
- Shotguns are excellent for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) in the tighter tunnels sections.
- Fire automatic weapons in short bursts for accuracy, or switch to single fire mode if applicable.
- To grab your enemy's dog tag as a souvenir, do a stealth knife kill from behind.