DICE details top 10 BF3 beta issues
And how it plans to fix them.
Battlefield 3 developer DICE has revealed the top 10 most-reported issues players have had with the game's ongoing open beta and what it plans to do about them.
The most common complaints include issues with the squad formation system, glitches in terrain stability, problems with the game's kill cam and occasional screen flickering. DICE insisted that it has all of these under control.
Without further ado, here's the full list, as published on the Battlefield Blog:
- Lack of flexibility when forming squads: "There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game."
- Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems: "While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game."
- Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release? "Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question." (In which Troedsson wrote, "feedback from the Open Beta will not only directly affect the final game of Battlefield 3, but its future development and support.")
- Inability to change settings before deployment into matches on PC: "The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game."
- Issues with terrain stability and "falling into the map" on Operation Métro: "This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update."
- Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map: "This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game."
- A bug that keeps some players from being able to sprint: "This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game."
- Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360): "This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game."
- Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not: "The DICE team has been looking into this issue - which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game."
- Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?: "The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you've provided and is further optimizing online play."