Crysis 2 EA's biggest UK launch of 2011
Bigger than Dragon Age II, Bulletstorm.
Crysis 2 is EA's biggest UK launch of 2011, sales-counter GfK Chart-Track has revealed.
That means the 8/10 shooter developed by Crytek has enjoyed a bigger opening weekend than Dragon Age II, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm and Fight Night Champion - the games EA has already released this year.
Crysis 2 topped the UK all-formats chart this week, selling a 57 per cent majority on Xbox 360. The remaining 43 per cent was split 29 per cent on PS3 and 14 per cent on PC. Remember, digital sales aren't counted, which excludes Steam and its ilk.
Crysis 2 marks the series first multi-platform foray. Wrote Eurogamer reviewer Simon Parkin: "Story aside, Crysis 2 is a hell of a video game about shooting stuff. It's challenging, facilitates and then demands the use of tactics, and is more generous in scale than almost any other first-person shooter of the past few years."