Castle Crashers has been crowned game of the year by Xbox Live Arcade users, Microsoft announced overnight, after 185,000 people cast their votes in a recent service poll.
The Behemoth's tasty hackandslash also collected Best Original Game and Best Co-op Mode gongs (assuming there are gongs, and also assuming Microsoft doesn't keep 40 per cent of said gongs).
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix was the other major beneficiary of your support, no doubt after Capcom's shameless promotion on its blog (good work). HD Remix picked up Best Versus Mode, Best Remake and Best Graphics awards.
All of which means that one of our favourites, the lovely Braid, was limited to Best Innovation, whatever that means. Check out the full list below, and just a quick thing: no Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2? Seriously?
- Game of the Year: Castle Crashers
- Best Versus Mode: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Best Single-Player Game: Portal: Still Alive
- Best Remake: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Best Original Game: Castle Crashers
- Best Innovation: Braid
- Best Graphics: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Best Family Game: A Kingdom for Keflings
- Best Co-op Mode: Castle Crashers
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.