Modern Warfare Season 5 is a new season introducing map changes to Warzone and a new Battle Pass.
Headlining the update are map changes to Warzone, as well as new Operators from Shadow Company, which you can unlock over the course of the season.
Modern Warfare has seen some new additions too - including several new maps and weapons.
On this page you'll find the Modern Warfare: Warzone patch notes. If you're looking more from Season 5, you can read up on map changes.
Modern Warfare and Warzone patch notes: What's been introduced in Modern Warfare's Season 5
In brief, here's what's been added in Season 5:
- The arrival of Shadow Company, a faction formed after the Armistice between the Allegiance and Coalition broke down, of which three operators are aligned - Rozlin "Roze" Helms, Velikan, and company leader Marcus "Lerch" Ortega. If Shadow Company sounds familiar, they are the unit under the command of Modern Warfare 2's General Shepherd - and form a key part of the Battle Pass.
- A new Battle Pass, with 100 levels of new unlocks, including weapon Blueprints and COD Points, which can be progressed across all Modern Warfare multiplayer modes.
- Several Warzone map changes - including a moving train (best of luck landing on it!) and the opening of the stadium.
- Four new maps in Modern Warfare multiplayer - two 6v6 (Suldal Harbor, Petrov Oil Rig), one Ground War (Verdansk Intl. Airport) and one Gunfight (Livestock).
- New weapons the AN94 and ISO, which will be playable play across all of Modern Warfare's multiplayer modes.
Below you can find the patch notes for the update, copied verbatim from the developer Infinity Ward:
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the 'Headshots Only' option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren't functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the 'Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak' message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player's choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We'll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0" RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM - Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player's High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive 'wallbang' kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player's physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the 'Alive in Gas' challenge timer
Call of Duty League
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly
- New restricted attachments:
- Muzzle - Suppressors (all)
- Optic - Thermal Sights (all)
- Underbarrel - Merc Foregrip
Season 5 is here, and it features new Season 5 Battle Pass skins and Operators to unlock and map changes to explore. You can read all about it in the latest Warzone patch notes. There is also new challenges to complete in the form of Sins of the Father Intel. While you get accustomed to the new season, read up on our Warzone tips and tricks, list of best Warzone loadouts, the best Warzone perks, how the Warzone Gulag works and how to quickscope.
Co-op Modes (Tac Ops, Classic Special Operations, Survival):
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart - Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
Special Operations: Survival
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles' Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu
Hope you enjoy Modern Warfare Season 5!