Pokémon Go has just dropped the fourth generation of Pokémon. If you're reading this and you're a Pokémon Go aficionado... why aren't you out there catching Pokémon already?
Included in this first drop are Gen 4 starters Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup, plus common species such as Bidoof and Starly.
At present, Pokémon from previous generations with new Gen 4 evolutions (such as Magmar, Electabuzz and Tangela) can not be evolved.
As expected, Gen 4 Pokémon will launch in Pokémon Go in waves, with later additions to appear in eggs, in the wild and also in raids.
Current reports list the available Gen 4 Pokémon as:
- Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra
- Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape
- Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon
- Starly, Staravia, Stararaptor
- Bidoof, Bibarel
- Kricketot, Kricketune
- Buneary, Lopunny
- Shinx, Luxio, Luxray (Shinx available in 10km eggs, Tier 1 raids)
- Riolu, Lucario (Riolu in 10km eggs)
- Chatot (regional to areas in southern hemisphere)
- Carnivine (regional to areas in south-east US)
- Pachirisu (regional to areas in Arctic regions)
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.