All this week, Eurogamer will be on-site in Los Angeles at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, better known as E3. But we aren't planning to sit around chatting to publishers about how brilliant they are, swapping anecdotes about press parties and acting like we're actually cool - aside from a few pre-show press conferences, we're there to play the big games, and tell you how they're shaping up. That means our first impressions of games like Half-Life 2, Nico, Mario Kart, Halo 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3. Games that matter!
As for the so-called "booth babes", Rupert is coming with us exclusively to photograph women. He literally has no other function, apart from paying for our plane tickets, hotel rooms and so on.
Oh, and we hope you'll forgive us a tiny bit of drunken tomfoolery, and a couple of visits to The Matrix Reloaded, but then again we are only human. We hope you enjoy our ramblings, which will be catalogued below as the week drags on!
- PS2 headsets, hard disks and network bundles - Stations get more expensive.
- SOCOM II zips along nicely - Special Needs.
- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - Our jury is out, and this isn't a euphemism.
- Nico not at E3? - Sony refuses to give us the horn.
- Sony announces PlayStation Portable - By the end of next year, PSP will mean something to everybody.
- EA Sports online to be PS2 exclusive - But is business or dissent responsible?
- Kameo: Elements of Power - First Impressions
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies - First Impressions
- Ubi brings Rainbow Six 3 to Xbox - Who needs a Raven Shield when you've got an Xbox?
- Project Gotham Racing 2 - First Impressions.
- Halo 2 - I want to be the Master Chief when I grow up.
- Xbox Live multimedia updates confirmed - And Music Mixer.
- Xbox press conference disappoints - Let's hope the games will be fun!
- Mario and Luigi team up - Oh, and Bowser too.
- Sword of Mana - First Impressions
- Pac-Man - First Impressions
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike - First Impressions
- Marion Kart Double Dash!! - First Impressions
- Nintendo bundles Player with Cube - Play "spot the difference" with the prices. It's easy.
- Nintendo fails to excite Cube fans - There was plenty for GBA owners and in particular connectivity followers, but otherwise...
- GameCube successor confirmed. Again. - We really are making one, honest, says Satoru Iwata.
- Tecmo flaunts Ninja Gaiden - Looks good!
- A smidgen of Dead or Alive Online info - We think Tecmo should remake "Way of the Exploding Fist" for extra marketing fun.
- Squenix reveals Drakengard - Dragons and sister-rescuing and stuff.
- Empire snags Starship Troopers licence - Would you like to know more?
- Nightmare Before Christmas 2004 - What's this? What's this?!
- PS2 and Xbox price drops in the US - Now four cents cheaper!
- Half-Life 2 - Preview.
- Tiger Woods 2004 - First Impressions.
- Sonic Heroes - First Impressions.
- E3 2003: The Fall of Max Payne - It was cold. Cold like the... oh shut up.
- Dungeons & Dragons goes... wait for it... - That's right! Online!
- Republic Commando for Xbox... and PC - Trailblazing.
- Nokia N-Gage - October 7th, $299... how much?!
Will you support Eurogamer?