Destiny 2's Truth is an exotic quest that accompanies the Season of Opulence.
Released on the 11th of June, one week after the launch of the Season of Opulence, Truth allows players to complete a quest and welcome back the first Destiny's fabled tracking launcher, Truth.
Similar to other Year 2 Exotics, Truth is not time-gated, and can be acquired right away.
On this page:
How to get Destiny 2 Truth
Here's a quick rundown of the steps needed to obtain Truth:
- Complete a run of the Menagerie
- Talk to Petra Venj in the Dreaming City
- Complete an Ascendant Challenge
- Find four map fragments by completing a Nightfall, finding Ascenant Chests on Nessus and the Dreaming City, and killing an Orgre in The Tangled Shore
- Decode the four map fragments by completing three Dreaming City Patrols, killing enemies of Nessus and Tangled Shore, complete three Nightfall Strikes with a handicap
- Find Fallen artifacts in the Warden of Nothing strike
- Kill the Warden of Nothing strike boss while ascendant and platform to a hidden chest
Here's Datto on YouTube showing the Truth quest steps in more detail:
Getting Destiny 2's Truth step-by-step
After completing the boss, a quest pursuit will drop and ask you to visit Petra Venj in the Dreaming City, who gives you the mission A Scrap of Paper.
Petra will then request that you complete an Ascendant Challenge - these challenges change weekly, so be sure to check out which is relevant in the week you complete the quest as they are not all found in the same location.
If you haven't done one before, you need to grab some Tincture of Queensfoil first.
When you finish the Ascendant Challenge, you will be rewarded with the next step of the quest upon opening the chest at the end of the event.
A Map Asunder locations: How to decode all map pieces
The next step will then require you to find four map fragments as part of the 'A Map Asunder' quest. Each of these fragments are attached to a riddle within the item's description.
Note - As of writing this, it's possible to complete one specific fragment several times over to complete the quest. This means that players can find a specific fragment, complete it, then pick and up and complete the same fragment again. Rinse and repeat this process and you can skip the more gruelling requirements of the other fragments.
The solutions to the four riddles are as follows:
- Complete a Nightfall strike
- Use a Tincture of Queensfoil and locate an Ascendant Chest on Nessus. For example, this one in the Cistern:
- Find an Ascendant Chest within the Dreaming City. For example, this one within the Divalian Mists:
- In Patrol, kill an Ogre found in the same location as you found The Mindbender on The Tangled Shore:
After you have obtained the fragments, you will now have to complete a series of objectives to decode each individual fragment. These can be done by the following:
- Complete three Patrol missions in the Dreaming City
- Killing Hive on the Tangled Shore for a total of 100 points. Killing challenging enemies awards additional points.
- Completing three Nightfall Strikes with a power handicap of 100 or more, and killing 60 enemies with rocket launchers.
- Get 50 kills with a rocket launcher while Ascendant on Nessus.
Where to find the Warden of Nothing relic locations in Candy From a Baby
Then it's on to the final two steps, both of which are completed within the Warden of Nothing strike as part of Candy From a Baby.
Make sure you come prepared with a Tinture of Queensfoil (don't use it yet - you'll need it for the end), and note strike can be launched from the Destinations screen and does not need to be a Nightfall, thankfully.
During this mission you will need to find seven Fallen artefacts. These are quite hard to miss thanks to their glowing aura and positioning. When you have collected enough of these artefacts, an in game message will pop up in the bottom left of your screen and notify you that the platforms have spawned within the boss area.
Here are all seven Candy From a Baby locations, otherwise what follows is five shown by MillGaming on YouTube:
- In front of the first door you enter the strike, on top of a set of boxes, just after killing the first Minotaur of the strike.
- At the back corner of where you find the pikes after falling down the hole in the floor.
- As soon as you enter the room with four trams, two on each side, jump up on top of the steel railings and look towards the wall. You will find another collectible here.
- As you are progressing through the same section as the previous item, you can fall down into an underground tunnel with an additional pike. The collectible can be found in front of the pike next to a series of gas canisters.
- When you climb up the stairs to leave the tram section, look on top of the orange piping to your right as you leave the section, there will be another collectible on top of them as you turn the corner.
- At the back of the room where you fight the large Minotaur amongst a series of other Vex. This will be to the right of the barrier that drops, allowing you to exit the room.
- Underneath the Scorch Cannon platform within the arena fight where you defuse bombs.
- Next to the area where you defuse the B mine within the same arena on top of some boxes.
After you have found all of those artefacts, you are then required to continue until the boss. Just before you kill the boss, be sure to pop a Tincture of Queensfoil and look off the edge of the arena from where it flew in. You should see Ascendant platforms at the edge.
Use these platforms downwards until you reach the chest. Opening the chest will net you Truth and all those wonderful homing rocket launcher kills that come with it in PvP. Congratulations!