Destiny 2's The Dawning sees the return of the game's annual holiday event.
Per with last year, it centres around oven cookie recipes, each requiring ingredients before you can cook them - all of which are generated by killing different things with specific methods.
Creating different recipes is all part of several questlines, including the new Spreading Cheer quest - which requires Fractal Roles and Dark Chocolate Motes as well as another opportunity to complete last year's quest, Deliciously Cheerful Blueprint, which needs the likes of Vanilla Blades, Chocolate Ship Cookies and Eliksni Birdseed recipes.
There's plenty more besides - including a few new ingredients and vendors to visit this year.
On this page:
- Destiny The Dawning 2019 recipes list
- Destiny The Dawning 2019 ingredients list
- How to get Dark Chocolate Motes and Fractal Roles for the Spreading Cheer quest
- How to get Vanilla Blades, Chocolate Ship Cookies and Eliksni Birdseed for the Deliciously Cheerful quest
- Everything else you need to know about Destiny's The Dawning 2019 event
The Dawning 2019 runs between December 17th to January 14th, starting and ending at the usual weekly reset time.
Destiny The Dawning 2019 recipes list
Here's how to make every oven cookie recipe in Destiny 2's The Dawning event, including 2019's new additions:
|Dawning 2019 Oven Recipe||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Vendor|
|Alkane Dragee Cookies||Chitin Powder||Bullet Spray||Sloane, Titan|
|Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (new)||Chitin Powder||Finishing Touch||Eris Morn, Moon|
|Burnt Edge Transit||Any combination not listed...||...such as Chitin Powder and Perfect Taste||Rahool, Tower|
|Candy Dead Ghosts||Dark Ether Cane||Flash of Inspiration||Spider, Tangled Shore|
|Chocolate Ship Cookies||Cabal Oil||Null Taste||Amanda Holliday, Tower|
|Dark Chocolate Motes||Taken Butter||Null Taste||The Drifter, Tower|
|Eliksni Birdseed||Ether Cane||Personal Touch||Louis / Hawthorne, Tower|
|Fractal Rolls (new)||Vex Milk||Pinch of Light||Vance, Mercury|
|Fried Sha-dough (new)||Dark Ether Cane||Superb Texture||Visage of Calus, Tribute Hall|
|Gentleman's Shortbread||Ether Cane||Perfect Taste||Devrim Kay, EDZ|
|Gjallardoodles||Ether Cane||Delicious Explosion||Zavala, Tower|
|Hackberry Tart (new)||Cabal Oil||Multifaceted Flavors||Benedict 99-40, Tower|
|Hot Crossfire Buns (new)||Ether Cane||Balanced Flavors||Ada-1, Tower|
|Ill-Fortune Cookies||Dark Ether Cane||Impossible Heat||Petra Venj, Dreaming City|
|Infinite Forest Cake||Vex Milk||Impossible Heat||Failsafe, Nessus|
|Javelin Mooncake||Chitin Powder||Sharp Flavor||Ana Bray, Mars|
|Lavender Ribbon Cookies (new)||Vex Milk||Personal Touch||Saint-14, Mercury|
|Radiolarian Pudding||Vex Milk||Electric Flavor||Asher Mir, Io|
|Strange Cookies||Taken Butter||Electric Flavour||Xur (changes weekly)|
|Telemetry Tapioca||Vex Milk||Bullet Spray||Banshee-44, Tower|
|Thousand-Layer Cookie (new)||Taken Butter||Delicious Explosion||Riven, Last Wish raid|
|Traveler Donut Holes||Cabal Oil||Flash of Inspiration||Ikora Rey, Tower|
|Vanilla Blades||Cabal Oil||Sharp Flavor||Lord Shaxx, Tower|
Destiny The Dawning 2019 ingredients list
To craft the above Holiday Oven recipes, you need to source Dawning Ingredients. These are dropped from performing different types of kills.
Here's the list of The Dawning ingredients, including the new 2019 additions (thanks to BaneOfBelial on reddit for helping with these:
|Dawning 2019 ingredient||Source|
|Balanced Flavours (new)||Scout, Sniper, Pulse or Bow kills|
|Bullet Spray||Automatic kills|
|Cabal Oil||Cabal kills|
|Chitin Powder||Hive kills|
|Dark Ether Cane||Scorn kills|
|Delicious Explosion||Explosive kills|
|Electric Flavour||Arc kills|
|Ether Cane||Fallen kills|
|Finishing Touch (new)||Finisher kills|
|Flash of Inspiration||Orbs of Light|
|Impossible Heat||Solar kills|
|Multifaceted Flavours (new)||Multi-kills|
|Null Taste||Void kills|
|Perfect Taste||Precision kills|
|Personal Touch||Melee kills|
|Pinch of Light (new)||Orbs of Light|
|Sharp Flavour||Sword hills|
|Superb Texture (new)||Super kills|
|Taken Butter||Taken kills|
|Vex Milk||Vex kills|
You then need to get a third ingredient - 15 Essence of Dawning - to finish it off. You get this from completing activities and Bounties from Eva.
How to get Dark Chocolate Motes and Fractal Roles for the Spreading Cheer quest
After the initial oven tutorial, you are given the Spreading Cheer Blueprint - unlocking the Alpine Dash Sparrow, which is new for The Dawning 2019. To get it, you have to craft two specific recipes. They are:
|Deliciously Cheerful quest steps||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2|
|Dark Chocolate Motes recipe (for Vance)||Taken Butter (Taken kills)||Null Taste (Void kills)|
|Fractal Roles recipe (for The Drifter)||Vex Milk (Vex kills)||Pinch of Light (Orbs of Light)|
As well as the above, you need to bake a total of 50 gifts.
How to get Vanilla Blades, Chocolate Ship Cookies and Eliksni Birdseed for the Deliciously Cheerful quest
For those who missed it from The Dawning 2018, you can craft the Deliciously Cheerful Blueprint again - unlocking a Exotic festive Sparrow. To get it, you have to craft three specific recipes. They are:
|Deliciously Cheerful quest steps||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2|
|Vanilla Blades recipe (for Shaxx)||Cabal Oil (Cabal kills)||Sharp Flavour (Sword kills)|
|Chocolate Ship Cookies recipe (for Amanda)||Cabal Oil (Cabal kills)||Null Taste (Void kills)|
|Eliksni Birdseed recipe (for Hawthorne)||Ether Cane (Fallen kills)||Personal Touch (Melee kills)|
As well as the above, you need to bake a total of 12 gifts.
Season of the Worthy has introduced new Exotics, including Felwinter's Inheritance, as well as new new Powerful and Pinnacle Gear sources. Elsewhere in Year 3 we saw the introduction of Armor 2.0 and K1 Logistics, K1 Revelation, K1 Crew Quarters and K1 Communion locations. There are also several new weapon quests, including the Deathbringer quest, Divinity quest, Leviathan's Breath quest and Xenophage quest. We also have a list of our best Destiny 2 weapons recommendations, which includes Jotunn and Le Monarque.
Everything else you need to know about Destiny's The Dawning 2019 event
All the above tables is pretty much everything you need to know about this year's event. However, here's some additional tidbits that might help:
- As with every seasonal event, there are a series of time-limited Triumphs to unlock before it concludes. The vast majority of these involving creating one of each recipe type and handing it over to the respective vendor. You also need to fully repair the Alpine Dash sparrow as part of the new quest.
- There are a few recipes and cookies for vendors that aren't always around in the game - Xur and Saint-14 - so masterworking and getting every Triumph will take a bit of patience.
- The surprise new 'vendor' addition is Riven, the final boss of the Last Wish raid. To give Riven cookies, you must locate the snowglobe in the arena of the final encounter. You can do this solo and without playing through the raid first by visiting the Wishing Wall, as shown in this video by Ninja Pups:
- If you plan to do everything in The Dawning and are not sure where to start with the many recipes, we recommend just playing the game as you normally would, and seeing what ingredients arrive in your lap. For example, completing Bounties for other events - such as Gambit - will naturally force you to use a variety of elements and weapons, and have you face a variety of adversaries naturally. Then, you can work out the things you then need to source to complete the remaining Triumphs.
- If you bake one of every recipe, the Dawning oven will be masterworked, making future recipes cheaper to bake.
- As before, Burnt Edge Transit is the cookie you receive when you combine 'wrong' ingredients. If it's anything like 2018, you need to do this before you complete every recipe, as when you masterwork the oven, you cannot then make a Burnt Edge Transit.