Death Stranding Episode 7: Clifford is a short episode following on from Episode 6.
Much like Episode 4: Unger, it takes you to another battlefield in the hunt for the mysterious Cliff. After that, you have a few regular orders to complete, too.
On this page:
If you're looking for more from the critical path, our Death Stranding walkthrough can help.
Order 54: Escape the Battlefield
This Order has multiple steps as you explore the World War 2 battlefield and rescue Deadman.
Find the entrance to the sewer near the tower
The route to the sewer is pretty straightforward. Follow where you cargo has dropped and head down the street, avoiding the tanks as you go, until you come to a canal you can drop down into. The sewer entrance is just across there.
After you enter the sewer, take a left and follow it round, until you go up a ladder. Soon after that, you'll hear the baby crying and Deadman crying out. You can climb up an alcove on the left, where you'll find Deadman.
Escape from the sewer
Take the ladder up to arrive back outside. Watch the cutscene.
Defeat the Mysterious Man
There is an assault rifle ahead of you, and an open square beyond that where the soldiers and Mysterious Man will attack you.
This is pretty similar to what it was last time you were on the battlefield - soldiers will spawn in your path, and each time you take down the Mysterious Man, he'll flee to another part of the area, leaving a trail behind him.
Since there are less cover points here, make sure you take ample time to position yourself behind a wall or whale and make sure your blood starts recovering before you emerge back out again. There's no rush in this fight. After three or four rounds, the battle will end.
Once this is done, you'll then unlock Orders 55 and 56. We recommend doing Order 56 first, which is optional and closer to your current location.
Tomorrow is finally in our hands! Our Death Stranding walkthrough outlines how to play through the main story, including Episode 3 missions, the Small Thermonuclear Device and how to find a way to change Lockne's mind, find a way to cross the tar belt and make a decision, and bring this to an end. As you play, you can find Memory Chip locations, unlock pre-order bonuses and have to learn how to fight BTs and Mules, how Death Stranding multiplayer works, and to help you get around easier, how to get a bike and how to unlock fast travel in Death Stranding.
Order 55 - Corpse Delivery: Heartman's Lab
- Objective: Take the corpse to the laboratory to the new location 'Heartman's Lab' to the south.
- Tips: You have to climb the snow-covered mountain to the south - if there is a zip-line you can use, then opt for that. And if not, we highly recommend you establish some as you go. If you try and go west and then south through the valley via the Doctor, by the way, then there's a waterfall - making it too steep to climb!
- Unlocks: Adds 'Heartman's Lab' to UCA Chiral Network, Thermal Pad, Episode 8
Order 56: Recovery: Winter Clothes
- Objective: Collect the winter clothes near the ruined cabin.
- Tips: Make sure you take a rope with you, and following the last mission, we also recommend re-equipping the Power Gloves and All-Terrain Skeleton - you have to do this manually again, and helps with the rough terrain. Head east from Mountain Knot City to the circle on the map. There are no BTs on the way, and you can get there on bike, but with the snow cover it might be a slow journey. The cabin is to the north on a platform. However, the clothes you are looking for is to the south, on the edge of a mountain. If you use your scanner, it should show up on from the cabin, and as you get close. The cargo is on the edge of a cliff, so using a rope from above is your safest bet. Now make your way back. Might be worth creating a few zip-lines to help your fellow porters, too!
- Unlocks: No reward - optional
Once you have completed Order 55, Episode 8 starting at Heartman's Lab will begin.