Though this has you really start to explore the snow-covered mountainous region, it's another fairly short Episode compared to the likes of the lengthy Episode 3 - but one made difficult by not having BB in your possession.
On this page:
- Order 47: High-bounce Spring Delivery: Roboticist
- Order 48: Medicine Sample Delivery: Doctor
- Order 49: Antibiotic Delivery: Mountaineer
- Order 50: [URGENT] Medical Device Delivery: Mountaineer
- Order 51: Photograph Delivery: Photographer
- Order 52: Retrieval: Camera
- Order 53: Stone Fragment Delivery: Spiritualist
If you're looking for more from the critical path, our Death Stranding walkthrough can help.
Order 47: High-bounce Spring Delivery: Roboticist
- Objective: You need to take cargo to the new location Roboticist to the south-east.
- Tips: This has you go up a steep snow-covered mountain that's filled with BTs - and without the use of a BB or the Odradek to notify they are nearby. The game thankfully still 'slows down' when you are in BT territory, but their locations will be a mystery until you see them. We recommend ditching a vehicle and taking this trip on foot. It's too steep to use a vehicle anyway, and you'll be stopping every few steps with BTs anyway. Make sure you pack grenades and, as always, a few repair canisters, as the snowfall damages your cargo in the same way the rain does.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Roboticist' to UCA Chiral Network, All-terrain Skeleton (Lv. 1)
Order 48: Medicine Sample Delivery: Doctor
- Objective: Take the delivery to the Doctor location to the west.
- Tips: This is another very rocky climb - except you'll be mostly coming down steep cliffs as you make your approach. We'd recommend doing Order 47 first - the All-terrain Skeleton reward comes in useful here. If you do, prepare for more BT encounters, at least on the tops of the mountains as you come from the Roboticist location. Once done, have to return to Mountain Knot City to pick up your next order.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Doctor' to UCA Chiral Network, Canteen Level 2 upgrade
Order 49: Antibiotic Delivery: Mountaineer
- Objective: Head to the new location Mountaineer to the north.
- Tips: This is fairly straightforward - watch out for BTs by the structures as you start to enter the snow-covered area - and the chiral network will stretch most of the way if you need to rely on structures - and unlike the others, you can get most of the way there on a bike.
- Unlocks: Order 49
Order 50: [URGENT] Medical Device Delivery: Mountaineer
- Objective: Return from the Mountaineer to the Doctor to the south, then back again, within 60 minutes.
- Tips: Hopefully you brought a bike to make this journey easier - as you have to make it all the way south to the Doctor, then back again, in an hour. Easily doable now you know the route, but be wary of BTs halfway round the strange structures as you start to enter the snowy part of the map. If you have zip-lines - or can establish them as you go - this will save you a lot of hassle, too.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Mountaineer' to UCA Chiral Network, Bridges Boots Lv. 3, Power Gloves, Order 51
Order 51: Photograph Delivery: Photographer
- Objective: Deliver this to the new location, Photographer, to the west.
- Tips: This is fairly straightforward, especially with a vehicle - make your way down the mountain west, over the wetlands, to find it behind another (at least not snow covered) mountain.
- Unlocks: Reward: 'Rolling Over' sound data, Order 52
Order 52: Retrieval: Camera
- Objective: Collect the camera from the armed Mule camp to the north-east.
- Tips: The Mule camp is armed, so go in prepared for a fight - the Photographer will offer you some non-lethal weapons, including a Riot Shotgun and an Assault Rifle, so take both. We recommend going over the river to the south and getting to the edge of the circle on the map, then letting the Mules come to you. The assault rifle's range is surprisingly good, and can take down enemies from some distance. When a truck pulls in, or you get into the camp itself, switch to the Riot Shotgun. For us, the Camera cargo was on one of the Mules. Feel free to pilfer anything else of use from the Postbox or camp, then head back. Once done, head to the Mountaineer for the next Order.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Photographer' to UCA Chiral Network, 'St. Eriksplan' sound data, Shotgun (Lv. 1), Riot Shotgun (Lv. 1)
Tomorrow is finally in our hands! Our Death Stranding walkthrough outlines how to play through the main story, including Episode 3 missions, the Small Thermonuclear Device and how to find a way to change Lockne's mind, find a way to cross the tar belt and make a decision, and bring this to an end. As you play, you can find Memory Chip locations, unlock pre-order bonuses and have to learn how to fight BTs and Mules, how Death Stranding multiplayer works, and to help you get around easier, how to get a bike and how to unlock fast travel in Death Stranding.
Order 53: Stone Fragment Delivery: Spiritualist
- Objective: Deliver the four stone fragments (fragile cargo) to the snowy mountain to the east.
- Tips: Fairly simple delivery. The only real difficulty here is the visibility - you can barely see five feet in front of you.
- Unlocks: Adds 'Spiritualist' to UCA Chiral Network, 'Love Knot' backpack accessory
To get your next order, you now need to visit Deadman's cabin to the south. It's marked on your map.
As you get close, a cutscene will kick in - and with it, Episode 12.