LA Noire's The Red Lipstick Murder is one of many cases on the Homicide desk, following on from The Fallen Idol.
If you're interested in help elsewhere, our LA Noire guide and walkthrough is well worth a visit. Otherwise, here's how to solve The Red Lipstick Murder.
The Red Lipstick Murder
You've been promoted again, and you're now on the Homicide team. Your first case, a grisly and brutal beating, is a perfect chance to prove yourself to your new Captain and your somewhat cynical and world-weary new partner.
Location: Crime Scene
- Examine evidence marker A to find the victim's purse. Look at the Lipstick inside.
- Examine evidence marker B and solve the globe puzzle to learn that it's a lighter from the Bamba Club.
- Examine evidence marker C to find Size 8 Shoe prints on the ground.
- Examine the body. Look at the head to reveal Blunt Force Trauma, and her left arm to reveal Missing Jewellery.
Location: The Bamba Club
Talk to the bartender, Dick McColl. Questions and responses:
- Suspect Seen with Victim: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Ring Stolen From Victim: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Knowledge of Husband: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
Use the phone near the club door.
Location: Henry Residence
- There's a Newspaper on the floor just to the right as you enter.
- A Size 9 Female Shoe on the floor of the dining room.
- Examine the broken window to add Forced Entry as a clue.
- Read the note on the fridge to learn Jacob Henry as a POI.
- On the dresser in the bedroom, examine the empty ring box and the photograph.
- Head next door and speak to the neighbour, marked on your minimap as a blue dot.
Location: Jacob Henry's Apartment
- On the cabinet in the kitchen is a notepad. Use the pencil to add Death Threat Note as a clue.
- Head into the bedroom and examine the Size 11 Shoes.
Interview Jacob Henry:
- Movements of victim: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Husband's Alibi.
- Last Contact with Victim: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Motive for Murder: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Death Threat Note.
Use the telephone in the kitchen to get the autopsy results and the license plate number.
Location: Police HQ
Interrogation of Jacob Henry:
- Access to Murder Weapon: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Husband's Alibi.
- Lipstick Markings: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Deterioration of Marriage: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Marital Problems.
- Missing Jewellery: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Need more assistance? Our LA Noire walkthrough and guide takes you through the details of every single case, step-by-step. In the open world meanwhile, we cover Golden Reel locations, Badge Pursuit Challenge locations, Landmark locations, an outfits list, a hidden vehicles and cars list and finally how to complete LA Noire Street Crime side-quests.
Next case: LA Noire - The Golden Butterfly
Location: Mendez's Apartment
- Look at the mailboxes to learn that Mendez is in apartment 16.
- In the bedroom examine the Size 8 Shoes.
- Examine the box on the floor. Look at the Used Lipstick first, then the Socket Wrench.