LA Noire's The Fallen Idol is one of many cases on the Traffic desk, following on from A Slip of the Tongue.
If you're interested in help elsewhere, our LA Noire guide and walkthrough is well worth a visit. Otherwise, here's how to solve The Fallen Idol.
The Fallen Idol
An abandoned car, signs of a struggle... Welcome to the seedy underbelly of Hollywood, detective.
Location: Crash Site
- On the car there is a Letter from Mother, and some Underwear.
- Talk to the coroner to get the Prop Shrunken Head.
Interview June Ballard:
- Doping Allegation: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Suspect Mark Bishop: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Injured Female Passenger: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Underwear.
- Fake Shrunken Head: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
Location: Central Receiving Hospital
Interview Jessica Hamilton:
- Crash Incident Report: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Underwear.
- Contact with Parents: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Letter from Mother.
- Association with Bishop: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Evidence of Criminal Abuse: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Tail June Ballard - keep about a block behind her, and don't drive like a lunatic. When she reaches her destination keep an eye on her; when she walks over to use the phone head inside and sit at the table reading the paper.
Location: Bishop's Apartment
- A $20,000 check on the floor of the first room on the left.
- The "Gay Cowboys" Saddle in the main room.
- Movie Set Photo and a Movie Set Replica in the second room to the left.
- Prop Store Photograph on the table near Mrs. Bishop.
Interview Gloria Bishop:
- Domestic Disturbance: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Whereabouts of Bishop: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
- Check for $20,000: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Abuse of Jessica Hamilton: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
Use the phone to learn the location of Silver Screen Props.
Location: Silver Screen Props
You'll be lead to the Sound Stage in the rear of the property.
- One-way mirror on the wall.
- Pill bottle with Chloral Hydrate on the shelf.
Head back to the courtyard between the Sound Stage and main building to find more Clues:
- Newspaper number four is on the table to the left of the office door.
- To the left of the newspaper there are some Prop Shrunken Head Molds (the ones on the right).
- To the right of the dumpsters there's a fake wall, and behind that is the Secret Camera Room.
- Inside the Secret Camera Room you'll find a Film Reel and an Empty Film Canister.
Leave the building and head back to your car, and you'll end up in a shootout with a couple of thugs.
Location: Jungle Drums Set
When you arrive Mark Bishop will make a run for it. Chase him through the set, but watch out for the rickety walkways - some will give way under your feet so don't slow down!
Need more assistance with all things LA Noire? Inspect our main LA Noire walkthrough and guide, for detailed info and solutions for every case, tackled step-by-step. For time out in the open world, we have guides on Golden Reel locations, Badge Pursuit Challenge locations, Landmark locations, an outfits list, a hidden vehicles and cars list and finally a guide to completing LA Noire Street Crime side-quests.
Next case: LA Noire - The Red Lipstick Murder
Once you get to the end of the upper platform your quarry will surrender, and now you need to escort him safely back down whilst under heavy gunfire; thankfully he's quite good at self preservation and will take cover whenever you're under fire - eliminate the goons and follow him to the next safe location until you eventually reach your car.
Hollywood isn't all it's cracked up to be, and as for your partner's buddy from Vice? He doesn't seem to be a model officer. Still, you did your job, and another promotion is heading your way.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.