Red Dead Redemption was the most prolific winner at this year's AIAS (Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences) Interactive Achievement Awards - gaming's equivalent of the Oscars.
Rockstar's cowboy game scooped best action game, best game direction, best art direction, best gameplay engineering and best character performance.
But it was Mass Effect 2 that scooped top honours and was crowned game of the year. BioWare's space opera also took home best RPG/MMO and best story.
BioWare's dynamic doctor duo Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk were inducted into the AIAS Hall of Fame.
Cinematic PS3 thriller Heavy Rain was also well represented, claiming best visual engineering, best innovation in gaming and best music.
Double-winners were StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty with best strategy/simulation game and best online gameplay, and Limbo with best adventure game and best sound design.
Best racing game went to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, best family game to Dance Central, best sports game to FIFA 11 and best fighting game to Super Street Fighter IV.
Best portable game was God of War: Ghost of Sparta, best casual game Angry Birds and best social game CityVille.
God of War III was recognised for best animation and Rock Band 3 claimed best soundtrack.
Lifetime Achievement award went to EA lifer Bing Gordon and the Pioneer Award to Bill Nudge.
- Action Game of the Year: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Achievement in Gameplay Engineering: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Character Performance: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Red Dead Redemption
- Role Playing / MMO Game of the Year: Mass Effect 2
- Game of the Year: Mass Effect 2
- Outstanding Achievement in Story: Mass Effect 2
- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Innovation in Gaming: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music: Heavy Rain
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Adventure Game of the Year: Limbo
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design: Limbo
- Family Game of the Year: Dance Central
- Racing Game of the Year: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
- Sports Game of the Year: FIFA 2011
- Fighting Game of the Year: Super Street Fighter IV
- Portable Game of the Year: God of War: Ghost of Sparta
- Casual Game of the Year: Angry Birds HD
- Social Game of the Year: CityVille
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: God of War III
- Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack: Rock Band 3
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bing Gordon:
- Pioneer Award: Bill Budge
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.