Japan chart: Mass Effect 3 sells 8142 copies
Pokémon spin-off takes top spot, Vita still in doldrums.
The PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 3 debuted at number 20 on the weekly Japanese sales chart, shifting just over 8000 copies.
That might not seem like much, but it's well up on the 5885 that Mass Effect 2 managed in its debut week last year.
DS franchise spin-off Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition took the top spot with 172,027 copies sold, followed by Sega's PSP strategy RPG Shining Blade with 122,257.
Only-in-Japan 3DS creep-sim If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX managed to slither its way in at seven.
Last week's chart topper, One Piece Pirate Musou dropped to fourth in its third week on shelves.
Here's the full run down, as seen on Andriasang:
- Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition (Pokémon Co., DS): 172,027 (NEW)
- Shining Blade (Sega, PSP): 122,257 (NEW)
- Madoka Magika Portable (Namco Bandai, PSP): 62,408 (NEW)
- One Piece Pirate Musou (Namco Bandai, PS3): 34,600 (Life to date: 780,508)
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Premium 3rd Story (Konami, PSP): 27,717 (NEW)
- Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project Mirai (Sega, 3DS): 18,341 (105,017)
- If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX (D3, 3DS): 18,291 (NEW)
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS): 17,064 (1,581,089)
- Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 3DS): 16,924 (1,314,720)
- Mario & Sonic at London Olympics (Nintendo, DS): 16,183 (82,924)
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS): 15,801 (1,419,455)
- Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin (Marvelous AQL, 3DS): 12,331 (137,217)
- Street Fighter x Tekken (Capcom, PS3): 11,611 (70,082)
- Winning Post 7 2012 (Tecmo Koei, PS3): 11,524 (NEW)
- Amnesia Later (Idea Factory, PSP): 10,936 (NEW)
- Legasista (Nippon Ichi, PS3): 9820 (NEW)
- Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D (Konami, 3DS): 9027 (47,401)
- Gundam UC (Namco Bandai, PS3): 8871 (60,540)
- Winning Post 7 2012 (Tecmo Koei, PSP): 8455 (NEW)
- Mass Effect 3 (Electronic Arts, PS3): 8142 (NEW)
There wasn't a great deal of movement on the hardware chart, with the 3DS continuing to dominate and sales of all platforms remaining largely flat.
The Vita stubbornly refuses to dip below the 10k mark, though sales fell slightly last week from 10,041 to 10,021.
- 3DS: 64,017 (Last week: 68,951)
- PlayStation 3: 27,900 (34,816)
- PSP: 18,633 (16,176)
- Vita: 10,021 (10,041)
- Wii: 8127 (8322)
- PlayStatoin 2: 1165 (1363)
- Xbox 360: 1145 (1290)
- DSi XL: 853 (850)
- DSi: 617 (502)