If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Here's what No Man's Sky's PC patches have fixed

Death to stranding.

No Man's Sky got off to a bumpy launch on PC, but developer Hello Games is confident that it's solved "around 70 per cent" of current support requests with the remaining 30 per cent being dealt with as we speak.

As for the current fixes, they should help anyone whose game failed to save until they died, spawned on a space station without the means to fix their ship, or had their save data corrupted.

Common crashes have been fixed as well, so the game should no longer freeze when warping, scanning, receiving a blueprint, or setting too many waypoints in the galactic map.

Furthermore, Hello Games stated that "a better waypoint system is coming". Thank god!

So without further ado, here are the main patch notes. For a detailed breakdown of each one, head on over to No Man's Sky's Steam page.

No Man's Sky Patch 1:

  • AMD Phenom Support
  • Alt-Tab has improved
  • Improved Performance
  • Framerate Stuttering due to Shader Caching
  • Max FPS Cap
  • Radeon 6xxx
  • Save Corruption
  • Intel GPU Detection
  • Gsync
  • Mouse Smoothing

No Man's Sky Patch 2:

  • Stuck under the world
  • Crash after warping
  • Game failing to save until you died
  • Crash fixes in scanning
  • Crash warping inside a freighter

No Man's Sky Patch 3:

  • Stranded in Space Station
  • Loading Corrupted Save Files
  • Crash fixes for next three most commonly reported issues: As the player gathers a huge amount of discoveries, there was a threading issue that becomes more prevalent the more discoveries you have, and could cause the game to crash. If you had collected a large number of blueprints, in a specific order it was possible to crash the game when you received a new blueprint. This has been fixed. Players who set a large number of waypoints could find themselves in a situation where they could crash the game in the Galactic Map, this is remedied now (PS. A better waypoint system is coming).

There's a new PS4 patch as well, though it's unclear if it fixes the same issues as its PC counterpart.

Will you support Eurogamer?

We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.

About the Author

Jeffrey Matulef avatar

Jeffrey Matulef

Contributor

Jeffrey Matulef is the best-dressed man in 1984.

Comments

More News

Latest Articles

Supporters Only

Eurogamer.net logo

Buy things with globes on them

And other lovely Eurogamer merch in our official store!

Eurogamer.net Merch