2K Games and Firaxis have released free downloadable content for XCOM that makes the turn-based strategy game even harder.
The Second Wave DLC, for all versions of the game, modifies the gameplay for fans after completing the campaign. It comes as part of a title update out today.
Here's what you get:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier's mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
The Second Wave DLC follows the Slingshot Content Pack, released last year for just over a fiver.
Will you support Eurogamer?