Perks in Call of Duty: Warzone work in a very similar way to their regular Modern Warfare counterparts, only with a couple of slight differences.
Below, we'll detail all the key things you need to know about them, including a list of all Call of Duty: Warzone perks and our selection for the best Warzone perks, too.
On this page:
Call of Duty: Warzone perks list - how they differ from multiplayer perks and what they do
There are 18 perks for you to choose from in Call of Duty: Warzone, split into three categories effectively labelled as Blue, Red, and Yellow. Here's a breakdown of each and what they do.
Call of Duty: Warzone blue perks and what they do
- Double Time - Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- E.O.D. - Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Resets fuse when picking up frag grenades.
- Scavenger - Resupply ammo from dead players. Scavenger packs provide throwing knives.
- Cold-Blooded - Undetectable by AI targeting system and thermal optics. Does not trigger High Alert warning. Still visible to Recon Drones, but cannot be marked.
- Kill Chain - Increases your chance of finding killstreaks in supply boxes. In multiplayer only, killstreak kills count towards your next killstreaks.
- Quick Fix - Killing players immediately starts health regeneration.
Call of Duty: Warzone red perks and what they do
- Restock - Recharge equipment over 50 seconds. Throwing knives can recharge 1 extra knife, decoy grenades and stim recharge twice as fast. In multiplier only the recharge takes just 25 seconds.
- Hardline - 25% off kiosk price for killstreaks, field upgrades, and armour plates. In multiplayer only your killstreaks cost 1 less kill and reduces Specialist perk cost by 1.
- Overkill - Carry two primary weapons. Cannot equip two of the same weapon, secondaries cannot be equipped.
- High Alert - Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you. Multiplayer: also triggered by enemies controlling chopper gunners, wheelsons, IAVs and APCs.
- Ghost - Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones and Heartbeat Sensors. Still appear on killstreak radar when firing a weapon, and detectable by Advanced UAV but removes direction.
- Pointman - All members of your team earn more money from completed missions. Multiplayer only: turns your killstreaks into scorestreaks.
Call of Duty: Warzone yellow perks and what they do
- Tune Up - Reduce the charge time of field upgrades by 40%. Warzone only: Reduces revive time by 25%.
- Amped - Faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed. Does not affect swapping to pistols and knives. Most equipment is used faster.
- Shrapnel - Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration by 3 seconds.
- Battle Hardened - Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun, EMP and gas effects. Immune to snapshot grenades.
- Spotter - See enemy equipment, field upgrades and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team by aiming down sights. Hack enemy claymores, proximity mines, C4 and trophy systems. Advanced UAVs can't be marked.
- Tracker - Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markets at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
Warzone Season 5 is almost here! If you want to learn more about firepower from previously, we explain the best Welgun loadout, best Cooper Carbine loadout, best Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle loadout, best STG44 loadout, best MP40 loadout, best Automaton loadout, best BAR loadout, best Combat Shotgun loadout, best Type 100 loadout, and best Kar98k loadouts.
The best Call of Duty: Warzone perks - our picks
The perks you choose for Warzone are going to depend, largely, on what you're trying to achieve with your overall loadout.
You can find more detail on how loadouts work and what our picks for the best ones our in our Call of Duty: Warzone best loadouts guide, but as a brief refresher: the loadouts you choose pre-game can only be accessed via a loadout drop, which you purchase within a round of Warzone. The specific perks you decide to put into those loadouts, then, is going to depend on what you're trying to achieve with that loadout overall.
That said, there are absolutely some standout "meta" picks that you should consider building your loadouts around. Here are our choices.
The best perks for Call of Duty: Warzone
- Overkill - one of the two best "red" perks, Overkill is an essential for most early-game loadout drops as it kits you out with two, fully geared-up primary weapons, which is much more necessary in Warzone than regular Call of Duty multiplayer. Build a loadout around this for your first and most important loadout drop.
- Ghost - the only viable alternative to Overkill in the red list, Ghost is quickly becoming a go-to pick for late-game loadout drops because it hides you from enemy UAVs, which are abundant in the late game. One tip is to pick an Overkill loadout first, and then have a Ghost loadout ready for if you manage to buy a second one, where you can choose it and then just pick up your two weapons from the original Overkill set!
- High Alert - one left-field alternative to the Overkill-Ghost meta, High Alert can be very helpful for letting you know a distant sniper is tracking you, or a nearby squad is about to ambush. Could be the difference between life or death but maybe best for just one of your squad to have!
- Cold-Blooded - similar to Ghost, Cold-Blooded is fast becoming an essential choice as most enemies will have thermal scopes on their dropped-in loadouts. One of the two best in the Blue list.
- E.O.D. - probably the only alternative to Cold-Blooded as a blue perk, E.O.D. gives you some good old-fashioned damage resistance to explosives and fire. A solid if uninspiring choice.
- Tune Up - not phenomenal but none of the yellow perks really are. The faster revive is useful if you play in a high-action squad of three that's frequently playing on the edge of the circle and getting into lots of combat! Battle Hardened is an alternative to this if you're in lots of scraps but play more solo or duos than larger three-player squads where you're all mucking in together.
- Tracker - probably the best yellow pick, Tracker is great for getting a little help with spotting enemies when you don't have other forms of recon available. Good to have one player on your squad with this!