Destiny 2's Nightfall activity gives you the opportunity to unlock a number of rare weapons.
Each season, there is a rotation of weapons that can drop from the end of the strike, with one being highlighted per week.
The higher the challenge, the higher the drop rate - with Adept versions being available in the second half of seasons for those who really want a challenge (and a reward to match).
On this page:
Destiny 2 Nightfall weapon schedule: What is the Nightfall weapon this week?
Destiny 2's Nightfall weapons work on a schedule, with three weapons rotating in sequence each week.
The Destiny 2 Nightfall weapon schedule is as follows:
- July 6th to July 13th - Plug One.1 (Adept available)
- July 13th to July 20th - Hung Jury SR4 (Adept available)
- July 20th to July 27th - Uzume RR4 (Adept available)
- July 27th to August 3rd - Shadow Price, Palindrome, The S.W.A.R.M.* (Adept available)
- August 3rd to August 10th - Plug One.1 (Adept available)
- August 10th to August 17th - Hung Jury SR4 (Adept available)
- August 17th to August 24th - Uzume RR4 (Adept available)
- August 24th to August 31st - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- August 31st to September 7th - Hung Jury SR4, The Hothead
- September 7th to September 14th - Plug One.1, Uzume RR4
- September 14th to September 21st - The Palindrome, The Swarm
- September 21st to September 28th - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- September 28th to October 5th - The Hothead, Hung Jury SR4
- October 5th to October 12th - Plug One.1, Uzume RR4
- October 12th to October 19th - The Palindrome, The Swarm
- October 19th to October 26th - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- October 26th to November 2nd - The Hothead, Hung Jury SR4
- November 2nd to November 9th - Uzume RR4, Plug One.1
- November 9th to November 16th - The Swarm, The Palindrome
- November 16th to November 23rd - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- November 23rd to November 30th - The Hothead, Hung Jury SR4
- November 30th to December 7th - Uzume RR4, Plug One.1
- December 7th to December 14th - The Swarm, The Palindrome
- December 14th to December 21st - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- December 21st to December 28th - The Hothead, Hung Jury SR4
- December 28th to January 4th - Uzume RR4, Plug One.1
- January 4th to January 11th - The Swarm, The Palindrome
- January 11th to January 18th - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- January 18th to January 25th - The Hothead, Hung Jury SR4
- January 25th to February 1st - Uzume RR4, Plug One.1
- February 1st to February 8th - The Swarm, The Palindrome
- February 8th to February 15th - The Comedian, Shadow Price
- February 15th to February 22nd - The Hothead, Hung Jury SR4
* These are Nightfall weapons from the previous season.
Barring any changes or new weapons, this is likely the schedule for the rest of the season.
Remember there is only a chance they may drop - it's not guaranteed. That might mean multiple attempts at the Nightfall to get a drop (let alone the roll you want!), so patience and luck is needed. That said, as shown above, there are multiple chances to get a weapon in a season if you don't get one during a given week.
How to increase your chances of a Nightfall weapon dropping
Nightfall weapon drop rates are impacted by the score you earn (Platinum, Gold will offer the highest chances) and the difficulty of the Strike. The higher the difficulty, the more likely a weapon will drop - and is arguably the easiest way to increase the likelihood of getting your hands on one.
The Nightfall difficulty adjusts drop rate as follows:
- Adept - Rare
- Hero - Uncommon
- Legend - Common
- Master - Common
For example, you can see the Uzume RR4 drop at the end of this Platinum (solo!) Nightfall run by Esoterickk on YouTube:
Note that though your chances will increase, they will still be rare; rates continue to be arbitrary at best, and developer Bungie is yet to provide any official info on them. Relying on luck is something Destiny players are already accustomed with, but currently, Nightfall weapons have been rather elusive. Reddit user i-dont-grok-it completed over 30 Nightfall strikes in the span of a week, around half on Hero difficulty and the other half on Legend difficulty, for a chance to unlock a Hung Jury. But still - no dice!
Moments of Triumph return for another year! Elsewhere, we've recently had the Bungie 30th Anniversary, which adds the Grasp of Avarice dungeon, Strange Coins, new Exotics including the Gjallarhorn and Forerunner. There's more to come in the Season of the Lost roadmap, but until then, we've seen the Wayfinders Voyage, the Astral Alignment activity and finding Atlas Skew, Trivial Mystery, Enigmatic Mystery, Ascendant Mystery, Data Cache, Parallax Trajectory and Ascendant Anchor locations. Elsewhere, we've seen new Nightfall weapons such as the Uzume RR4, Plug One.1 and Hung Jury SR4. Other recent new features include transmog and materials Synthstrand, Synthcord and Synthweave, the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data used to upgrade it.
When are Destiny 2 Nightfall Adept weapons available this season?
Adept versions of each Nightfall weapon can drop during their rotated week if you play a Grandmaster Nightfall - which is a Nightfall at difficulty above the current 'standard' gear cap. In Season of the Splicer, this is 1335, requiring a significant amount of Artefact Power to meet.
Grandmaster Nightfalls only appear during the latter half of the season - in Season of the Splicer, this is June 22nd onwards - and again, the better your score, the higher your chances will be.
Adept weapons not only have a different appearance, but they offer an additional stat boost when Masterworked and the ability to equip Adept mods - making them well worth the effort if you can take on a Grandmaster Nightfall.