Destiny 2 raid Last Wish is arguably the activity players are most looking forward to from expansion Forsaken.
Set within The Dreaming City - the expansive end-game location - it's once again be gated off by high level requirements and requires a committed group where a group of six players willing to take on a gauntlet of puzzles and bosses for exclusive items.
Though they can take several evenings of work on a first playthrough - if not longer, as Last Wish is probably the toughest yet - Destiny raids are designed to be replayable, with randomised loot drops encouraging players to revisit week-after-week, inching them ever closer to the level cap with every session.
Ready for the challenge? Our Last Wish guide can walk you through its encounters.
Destiny 2 Last Wish guide
Here are guides to every encounter of Last Wish:
- Destiny 2 Kalli the Corrupted
- Destiny 2 Shuro Chi the Corrupted
- Destiny 2 Morgeth the Spirekeeper
- Destiny 2 The Vault
- Destiny 2 Riven of a Thousand Voices
Looking for more raid action? Be sure to check out Scourge of the Past if you own the Black Armoury DLC.
How to prepare for the Last Wish Raid
You can prepare yourself in the following ways:
- Get as close to max Power level as possible to make things easier. The Last Wish light level requirement is a mighty 550, and scales up to 580. Anyone significantly under these (40/50LL) will see skulls above enemy heads and really struggle to do damage.
- You need to unlock The Dreaming City before being able to access the encounter, which comes after completing the main Forsaken walkthrough.
- Get your team ready in advance, and if possible, with a diverse range of classes, to help survive the many trials within.
- Unlock all three of the new sub-classes to give you as many abilities as possible for both offence and defence.
- Attempt to unlock a range of weapons and armour types to maximise your range of energy options.
- The respawn timer is now a cumulative 2 minutes 30 seconds for every phase / attempt.
- Grab the Raid-specific consumables from Petra in The Dreaming City to give you full Super and Heavy before encounters - you might need it.
- Getting your hands on Dreaming City armour gives you the mod 'Riven's Curse' that allows you to inflict more damage (and take more, too!) while exploring in patrol. Better still is if you can offer an Oracle, you'll get another quest for the 'Transcendent Blessing' mod, granting increased damage infliction without you taking more. Though not yet confirmed, we have to assume this will work in the Last Wish raid, too.
- As previously, there are secret chests in the raid, but they do not drop Powerful Gear. Instead, these drops happen when you kill a boss, so don't have a full inventory and postmaster!
Destiny 2 Last Wish loot
Bungie has lined up some special Last Wish loot for those that complete it within the opening weekend:
- The first team to complete the Raid will all receive the One Thousand Voices Exotic.
- Any player completing in the first 24 hours will receive the 'Wish Ascended' emblem.
- Any player completing the Raid by the next weekly reset can order a personalised Last Wish raid jacket from the Bungie Store. Note you have to finish the Raid and order the jacket before the reset takes place.
Whether you're playing from Friday or in the following weeks, early exploits have revealed the many different kinds of loot drops available.
Last Wish armour drops
|Head||Mask of the Great Hunt||Helm of the Great Hunt||Hood of the Great Hunt|
|Arms||Grips of the Great Hunt||Gauntlets of the Great Hunt||Gloves of the Great Hunt|
|Chest||Vest of the Great Hunt||Plate of the Great Hunt||Robes of the Great Hunt|
|Boots||Strides of the Great Hunt||Greaves of the Great Hunt||Boots of the Great Hunt|
|Class Item||Cloak of the Great Hunt||Mark of the Great Hunt||Bond of the Great Hunt|
Last Wish weapon drops
- Age-Old Bond - Auto Rifle
- Apex Predator - Rocket Launcher
- Chattering Bone - Pulse Rifle
- Nation of Beasts - Hand Cannon
- Techeun Force - Fusion Rifle
- The Supremacy - Sniper Rifle
- Transifuration - Scout Rifle
- Tyranny of Heaven - Bow
- One Thousand Voices - Exotic Fusion Rifle (rare drop from the last encounter)
Other Last Wish drops
- Cleansing Knife - Sparrow
- Dreaming Spectrum - Shader
- Ermine TAC-717 - Ship
- Wish No More - Emblem
- Wish-Maker Shell - Ghost Shell
Thanks to RyanLl on reddit for helping with the above.
Remember - as Last Wish weapons are random rolls, they cannot be repurchased from the in-game Collection, so keep hold of them! (Thanks dubie 9 on reddit for the info.)