Ubisoft has detailed a major patch for Watch Dogs that is now rolling out across all platforms.
The update will "reconstruct" any save files corrupted by the game's loading bug, which has left some users unable to boot the game at all. Despite the fix, some collectibles "may remain unrecoverable", Ubisoft explained on the game's official forum.
Several mission-breaking bugs have also been squashed, while connection and session joining issues for Watch Dogs' online modes have also been improved.
On PC, graphical glitches have been smoothed out and several "performance improvements" have been added.
PlayStation 3 and 4 users should be able to download the patch now. PC owners will get the update "in the coming days", while it'll arrive for Xbox 360 and Xbox One "within the next week".
The list of tweaks and changes lies below.
Major game fixes
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed "Drinking Game" control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed "Chess Game" control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.