Stardock has announced Rebellion, a stand-alone expansion to PC game Sins of a Solar Empire.
It features new factions, new ships, enhanced graphics and new victory conditions.
"Rebellion is the first stand-alone expansion to the Sins of a Solar Empire universe," said Stardock's director of publishing Brian Clair.
"Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will add many new ships, refresh the visuals and integrate Impulse::Reactor features to support achievements, multiplayer leagues and much more."
The list of new features in full:
- New Factions: Players decide whether to become Loyalists or Rebels, which unlocks a unique new tech tree granting them new technologies and ship variants.
- New Titan-class ships: Massive warships for each race that dwarf capital ships, these deadly new monsters are capable of wiping out entire enemy fleets single-handedly.
- New Capital Ships: A new capital ship class arrives, giving players new strategic options.
- New Corvette-class ships: Small, highly maneuverable light ships that are adept at a variety of tasks.
- Loyalist and Rebel versions of some of the existing Sins' frigates and cruisers, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Updated lighting and particle effects for enhanced visuals.
- New Victory Conditions to allow for more variety, differing strategies and shorter game sessions.
- Additional capital ship ability levels, for greater strategic choice.
- Impulse::Reactor support for chat, friends, achievements and more.
Stardock failed to announce a release date.
Become a Eurogamer subscriber and get your first month for £1
Get your first month for £1 (normally £3.99) when you buy a Standard Eurogamer subscription. Enjoy ad-free browsing, merch discounts, our monthly letter from the editor, and show your support with a supporter-exclusive comment flair!