DS sequels Pokémon Black and White 2 have together notched up more than two million sales in under a fortnight.
Another 416,850 copies were sold in Japan last week, making for a total of 2,035,471 to date.
PlayStation Vita hardware sales saw a rare surge thanks to the launch of the system's new White colour. 22,638 Vita consoles were sold last week in Japan, up from 13,589 the week before.
Nintendo's 3DS ruled the hardware chart as usual, however. It sold 65,267 units, despite the announcement and imminent arrival of the 3DS XL.
The software chart was peppered with new launches, although PlayStation 3 HD collections Resident Evil Chronicles and Metal Gear Solid HD could only manage sixth and eighth places, respectively.
A full rundown of the charts lies below, courtesy of Famitsu (via Gematsu):
- 3DS - 65,267 (Last week: 68,056)
- PlayStation Vita - 22,638 (13,589)
- PlayStation 3 - 16,399 (15,680)
- PSP - 11,461 (8954)
- Wii - 6880 (6127)
- Xbox 360 - 861 (1073)
- PS2 - 490 (1065)
- DSi - 657 (704)
- [NDS] Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 - 416,850 (2,035,471)
- [PS3] Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk - 75,874 (New)
- [PS3] Robotics;Notes - 57,797 (New)
- [3DS] Culdcept - 54,086 (New)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D - 43,648 (787,615)
- [PS3] Resident Evil Chronicles: HD Collection - 28,042 (New)
- [Wii] Fatal Frame II: Project Zero - 24,804 (New)
- [PS3] Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - 23,586 (New)
-  Robotics;Notes - 17,076 (New)
- [PS3] .hack Sekai no Muko Ni + Versus Hybrid Pack - 16,664 (New)
- [PS3] The Idolmaster Anime & G4U ! Pack Vol. 9 - 14,085 (New)
- [Wii] Mario Party 9 - 12,314 (458,034)
- [PSV] Persona 4 Golden - 12,261 (182,829)
- [3DS] Mario Tennis Open - 12,035 (240,521)
- [PS3] Tokyo Jungle - 11,491 (178,628)
- [PSP] Dies irae -Amantes amentes- - 11,124 (New)
- [PSP} Kenka Banchou Bros. Tokyo Battle Royale - 10,474 (29,284)
- [PSP] Strike Witches: Shirogane no Tsubasa - 8,964 (New)
- [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - 5,797 (1,645,003)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter Tri G - 5,484 (1,480,200)
Get your first month for £1 (normally £3.99) when you buy a Standard Eurogamer subscription. Enjoy ad-free browsing, merch discounts, our monthly letter from the editor, and show your support with a supporter-exclusive comment flair!