LA Noire's The Setup is one of many cases on the Vice desk, following on from Reefer Madness.
If you're interested in help elsewhere, our LA Noire guide and walkthrough is well worth a visit. Otherwise, here's how to solve The Setup.
You'll be starting this case in the Fighter's Dressing Room.
Location: Fighter's Dressing Room
- Grab the Newspaper from the table.
- Examine Hammond's locker to find a note with a phone number and some bookie's odds.
Use the telephone.
Location: Hotel El Mar
Speak to the guy behind the desk, then point out Winston Churchill in the Ledger and head to room 207.
- Telegram in a tipped over bin.
- A Movie Ticket Stub and a box of chocolates on the dresser.
- Check the table for a still-warm can of beans and a magazine with a coupon filled out by Candy Edwards.
- On the bedside stand to the right is a cigarette with lipstick.
- On the bedside stand to the left is a note of Bookmakers' payouts.
Location: Aleve Motel (Candy Edwards' Address)
Speak to the receptionist then head to Candy's room to search for Clues:
- Inspect the pockets of the unconscious body to find a Notebook and Switchblade.
- Examine the suitcase.
- On the dresser is a Cunard Ascania postcard and One Way Bus Ticket.
Interview Candy Edwards:
- Whereabouts of Hammond: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Magazine Coupon.
- List of Odds Recovered: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Bookmaker's Odds.
- Plans to Leave Town: Bad Cop (or Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version) in the original version).
Tail Candy Edwards as she walk across town; you'll need to do a lot of ducking behind cover and looking nonchalant on the way.
Location: Bookmaker's Office (Thrifty Liquor)
Use the pencil on the notepad by the phone.
Location: Bookmaker's Office (Examiner Drugstore)
Examine the Cab Card next to the phone, then use the phone before talking to the bookie.
Location: Ray's Bookmakers
Tail the cab.
Location: Bus Depot
Stay incognito by sitting down and reading the paper, and then follow Candy into the bathroom.
Need more assistance with all things LA Noire? Inspect our main LA Noire walkthrough and guide, for detailed info and solutions for every case, tackled step-by-step. For time out in the open world, we have guides on Golden Reel locations, Badge Pursuit Challenge locations, Landmark locations, an outfits list, a hidden vehicles and cars list and finally a guide to completing LA Noire Street Crime side-quests.
Next case: LA Noire - The Naked City
- Examine the Revolver.
- Inside the stall you'll find a purse containing a Movie Ticket from the Egyptian Theater.
Location: Egyptian Theater
The case ends with a shootout, and a disappointment for Ray.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.