The Jewel Store Job is the first heist that Michael and Franklin take on early in GTA 5.
There are multiple approaches you can take - Smart and Loud - and depending on which approach you choose, you will need to choose the right crew members.
This page will cover the best approach and best crew for The Jewel Store Job in GTA 5 - helping you get the most out of the job.
On this page:
Smart or Loud? The Jewel Store Job best approach explained
There are two approaches for The Jewel Store Job - Smart and Loud.
The Smart approach is the best approach for this heist. You will take in more money because you will have less to deal with in the shop.
Here are both approaches in more detail to help you decide:
- Choosing the Smart approach means Franklin will throw knockout gas in the ventilation system. With the patrons incapacitated, Michael and his crew can steal the jewelry without anyone getting hurt.
- Choosing the Loud approach means that the team will enter the store from the front door. This has the potential to be more deadly than the Smart approach as Michael, and the team will need to crowd control to prevent anyone from tripping the alarm.
GTA 5 Jewel Store Job best crew explained
The best crew for this job is Karim Denz (Driver), Gustavo Mota (Gunman), and Rickie Lukens (Hacker):
- Karim: Karim will secure motorcycles for the crew, which is a much better choice than a bicycle or a dirt bike. The motorcycle, coupled with Franklin's special ability, makes it very easy to get through the underground tunnels.
- Gustavo: Gustavo is the best gunman you can recruit for this heist. If you choose Norm, be prepared for him to die during the getaway chase thereby losing that money if you don't pick it up. Gustavo will ensure that the full take makes it safely to the end of the heist.
- Rickie: Rickie is the inexperienced one out of your two choices, but that's okay. He might not be able to give you additional time like Jackie, but one of the challenges for this heist is to take all the jewelry in 50 seconds. Which is the exact amount of time that Rickie gets you.
If you're looking for help with GTA 5 story missions, learn the different outcomes in The Jewel Store Job, The Merryweather Heist, The Big Score and final mission Deathwish. For hijinks out in the open world, there are Strangers and Freaks missions, the military base and spaceship parts to find. Want to explore more beyond the main game? Then play around with GTA 5 cheats, money and stock market and GTA 5 mods.
How to complete your getaway in The Jewel Store Job
Here are some getaway tips for The Jewel Store Job:
- Keep a steady pace behind the crew when making your getaway. You don't have to go too fast and use Frankin's ability for those tight turns in the tunnels.
- The motorcycles will be slowed by the mud, but that's okay. This will work towards your advantage, even though it might not seem like it.
Ultimately, as heists go, The Jewel Store Job is fairly straightforward - which makes sense since it's the first you'll come across.
Whichever route you choose - best of luck completing The Jewel Store Job in GTA 5!