Romance options are now a thing in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, marking the first time romanceable characters have been included in such depth in the Assassin's Creed series.
The system is fairly simple - every now and then you'll find a romanceable character and, if you pick the right dialogue options, get to 'romance' them - but nonetheless there are some useful things to know. Namely, that's a list of all romanceable characters in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and where you can find them.
On this page:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey romance options list - all romanceable characters and locations
Interestingly in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, it seems that regardless of your choice of starting character, all romanceable NPCs in the game are still romanceable to you, whether you're Kassandra or Alexios - so it works a little differently to similarly raunchy series like Mass Effect.
Romanceable characters in Assassin's Creed Odyssey and where to find them:
|Romanceable Character||First Available During||Additional Romances||Notes|
|Aikaterine||Chapter 8 Main Quest: A-Musing Tale||None||None|
|Alkibiades||Chapter 4 Main Quest: Oil and Love||Character Sidequest: Handle with Care|
Character Sidequest: Rock Hard
|Requires romancing in Oil and Love first.|
|Auxesia||Phokis Sidequest: Age is Just a Number||None||None|
|Daphnae||Phokis Sidequest: The Goddesses' Hunt||Requires flirting in previous quest The Daughters of Artemis||None|
|Diona||Kythera Sidequest: I, Diona||Requires completing Episode 3||None|
|Eritha||Kythera Sidequest: I, Diona||Requires completing Episode 3||None|
|Kosta||Lokris Sidequest: Family Values||None||None|
|Kyra||Mykonos Sidequest: Kyra with a Cause||Bleeding Hearts and Stolen Money|
Goddess of the Hunt
|Complete Trouble in Paradise first and side with Kyra. If you side with Thaletas, you must complete The Thaletas way first.|
|Lykaon||Phokis Sidequest: Helping a Healer||None||None|
|Mikkos||Lemnos Sidequest: Tough Love||None||Choose "Try a gentle approach" during Tough Love sidequest.|
|Odessa||Megaris Sidequest: A Family Ordeal||Sidequest: The True Story||None|
|Roxana||Hydrea Island Sidequest: Foot Race||Sidequest: Retribution||If you romanced her in Foot Race.|
|Thaletas||Mykonos Sidequest: The Thaletas Way||Paint the Sand Red|
Hearts of War
|Complete Trouble in Paradise first and side with Thaletas.|
|Xenia||Achaia Sidequest: Priceless Treasure||None||Compelte all of Xenias missions, unlocked after you meet her in the main story quests Ashest to Ashes and Lost and Found.|
|Zopheras||Lakonia Sidequest: Not My Mother's Daughter||None||None|
Looking for more help? Our main Assassin's Creed Odyssey guide and tips hub gives you an overview of our pages, while we also have all fifty-plus Ainigmata Ostraka puzzle locations and solutions, plus more on how to get the Assassin's Creed Odyssey best ending, a list of all Assassin's Creed Odyssey tomb solutions, the best weapons, armour, engravings, and legendary armour and weapons listed, the Kalydonian Boar strategy and location, Orichalcum locations and even help with Assassin's Creed Odyssey romance options. Elsewhere we can help with how to earn money and Drachmae fast in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, how to earn XP and level up fast in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and our picks for the best side quests in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
How does romance work and other things to know about romance in Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Romance works quite unusually in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
That's mainly because Ubisoft clearly wants you to feel 'immersed' in the world - so there's far less predictability, or gamability, than you'd really expect. A lot of works has gone into hiding the cogs and wheels behind the game's systems, rather than leaving them open for you to explore yourself, and so romanceable characters or somewhat buried in the game, dotted around in sidequests or random favours you can do around the world of ancient Greece.
The main thing to bear in mind is that the characters listed above are 'romanceable' in those missions or mission sequences noted down with them, but most of the time you need to put in a bit of leg work, too - so rather than just completing a mission or task and being reward with, well, that, you'll also need to select flirtatious dialogue options in previous encounters, and perform tasks for them that generally keep them well disposed.
What else is worth knowing? Here's a quick rundown of some essential pointers.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey romance explained:
- Romances aren't graphic - if your interactions with a character are successful and you end up having a 'romantic encounter', this is handled in typical video game fashion (a screen slowly fading to black over some distant giggles, usually).
- Romances are missable, but sometimes you have more than one chance - not an unlimited amount of chances though, and not for every character. We've listed the characters that we know you can romance on multiple occasions in the table above, but even then some of those are missable if you don't make the right moves early on.
- Romance dialogue is fairly obvious - look for the little heart symbol in dialogue options for an indication that this option will lead to a romantic encounter. Where that's not available, you may still want to try and choose an option that keeps them happy with you as you flirt and chat beforehand.
- Romances are meant to be 'organic' - by which we mean, it's meant to feel like a natural occurance in the world. That's why it's less about ticking certain boxes in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and more about generally bonding with characters over several missions or storylines, before you end up together in some romantic spot under the stars (or on a farm, while they're still worrying about sick family members, because the game can be more than a little jarring at times).
- You only need to complete one romance successfully to unlock the related tophy or achievement!