The patch notes for Uncharted 3 update 1.11 have been released and detailed by developer Naughty Dog.
The update will arrive at the end of May, according to the PlayStation Blog.
The headline new feature is Lab, a playlist with a series of unique gametypes thought up by Naughty Dog. The emphasis is on fun. An example given was of a T-bolt- and Pistole-only map.
Other patch 1.11 changes are more discreet. Thankfully, the Game of the Year Edition of Uncharted 3 now properly works with the available downloadable content - a problem some Europeans were having.
Naughty Dog noted that all cinema files created pre-patch 1.11 won't work once the patch has been release. "Therefore," the developer added, "if you want to preserve your cinema files please be sure to upload them to YouTube before downloading and installing patch 1.09. Do it now!"
Incidentally, Naughty Dog didn't announce Uncharted 3 patch 1.10 in as much depth because there wasn't as much to talk about.
The full patch 1.11 notes are below, followed by a video of Naughty Dog discussing the changes.
- The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole-only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses. (The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch).)
- Elimination Mode has been added. (Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch.)
- Message of the Day returns - a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.
- The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called "Advanced Settings: Respawn Time, Buddy Spawning toggle, Health Multiplier - by percentage, Sprinting toggle, Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7), Medal Kickbacks toggle, Boosters toggle, Grenade Throw Back toggle,
- If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.
- Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
- The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
- In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with "No Intro" variations. If these variations are selected you'll start those maps with no convoy events.
- The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.