PSP maintains lead over 3DS in Japan
Nintendo continues to struggle.
The PSP is holding on to its lead over the 3DS at the top of the weekly Japanese sales charts.
According to the latest set of Media Create data, as reported by Andriasang, the PSP sold 58,075 units last week, up from 51,095 the week before that.
The 3DS, on the other hand, dropped from 50,710 to 42,979. It's now sold 836,000 units in the country since launch on 26th February.
Here's the full chart:
- PSP: 58,075
- 3DS: 42,979
- PlayStation 3: 27,453
- DS: 19,901
- Wii: 10,249
- PlayStation 2: 1,996
- Xbox 360: 1,789
DS RPG spin-off Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional topped the software chart, with only one 3DS title – Namco Bandai's Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011 – making the top 10.
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (DS): 163,008
- Ebikore+ Amagami (PSP): 69,221
- Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP): 31,382 (135,554)
- Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3): 26,493 (383,606)
- BlazBlue Continuum Shift II (PSP): 23,808
- Ebikore+ Amagami (PS2): 17,261
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP): 15,864 (4,417,517)
- Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP): 15,223 (419,135)
- Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011 (3DS): 12,851
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (PSP): 12,002 (312,419)