PSP, Dragon Quest rule Japan charts
But 3DS is showing signs of life.
The PSP continues to dominate the weekly Japanese hardware charts, with DS RPG spin-off Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 taking the software crown.
According to the latest Media Create figures, reported by Andriasang, the PSP sold 76,974 units to top the chart, up from 49,162 the week before.
The 3DS has finally rallied after weeks of declining sales, coming in a distant second at 28,413, up from 23,038.
Here's the full run-down:
- PSP: 76,974 (last week: 49,162)
- 3DS: 28,413 (23,038)
- PS3: 23,954 (19,033)
- Wii: 10,889 (7,866)
- DSi LL: 9,235 (7,064)
- DSi: 7,584 (6,214)
- X360: 4,082 (1,891)
- PS2: 1,582 (1,163)
- DS Lite: 319 (283)
- PSP go: 251 (265)
On the software side, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 moved 74,000 copies to see off PSP RPG Final Promise Story in second place, which managed 60,000 sales.
Other notable new entries in the top 10 included PlayStation 3 adventure El Shaddai at three and PSP rhythm action sequel Patapon 3 at four.
The full top 10 looked like this:
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (DS, Square Enix): 74,000 (LTD: 411,000)
- Final Promise Story (PSP, Imageepoch): 60,000 NEW
- El Shaddai (PS3, Ignition Entertainment Limited): 58,000 NEW!
- Patapon 3 (PSP, SCEJ): 49,000 NEW!
- Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (DS, Pokemon): 33,000 (92,000)
- 2nd Super Robot Wars Z Hakai Volume (PSP, Namco Bandai): 27,000 (379,000)
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (PSP, Konami): 22,000 (122,000)
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (PS3, Konami): 17,000 (128,000)
- Starry Sky in Winter Portable (PSP, honeybee): 15,000 NEW!
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP, Capcom): 11,000 (4,457,000)