THQ delays Xbox 360 titles
And S.T.A.L.K.E.R., again.
Action adventure Saint's Row, originally expected in time for Christmas, is now slated for a release some time between April and June. Motorbike racer Moto GP 2006: Ultimate Racing Technology and WWII shooter The Outfit will be released in the first half of next year.
In addition, previously delayed PC title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has slipped further, and is down for an October 2006 release at the earliest.
THQ has a further ten next-generation titles in development, and has revealed that 80 per cent of its development resources will be split equally between PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games. The remaining 20 per cent will be allocated to Nintendo Revolution titles.
Despite the delays, things are looking good for the publisher financially - second quarter net sales stand at $142.7 million, marking a 48 per cent increase on last year's figures.
Net losses are also down from $6.4 million to $1.4 million, which CEO Brian Farrell attributed to strong sales of original IP such as the Tak series, Destroy All Humans! and street racer Juiced. Strong-selling licensed properties included WWE Day of Reckoning 2 and Scooby Doo! Unmasked.
The company predicts net sales of approximately $770 million for the financial year ending March 2006, and expects the SpongeBob SquarePants series and PSP version of Juiced to perform particularly well.