While it is often said that there are not enough hours in the day, sometimes there are too many hours in the day, such as in any day that exists between a level-50 infiltrator and his next mission. But that's one for another time (such as next Friday).
In the meantime, this week offers a few curiosities to fill the hours, like the Wii release of Resident Evil Zero - a straight port of a traditional instalment in the series, back before the Resi 4 reboot.
Capcom also has 5/10-scoring Dark Void to offer, which may appeal to those with a persistent itch for cover-based shootery, although if it still sounds compelling under the circumstances then you may have a rash, and should perhaps seek medical assistance.
Online, Max & the Magic Marker on WiiWare allows you to brings things to life by drawing them, while Sony's ModNation Racers beta is available to the first 100,000 people who download it and allows you to make your own kart-racing game levels. Strategy RPG obsessives may also find some respite in Vandal Hearts, although not too much.
New games in shops:
- Dark Void (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero (Wii)
New games online:
- Death by Cube (XBLA)
- Electroplankton Nanocarp (DSiWare)
- Electroplankton Trapy (DSiWare)
- Fast Draw Showdown (WiiWare)
- Max & the Magic Marker (WiiWare)
- ModNation Racers beta (PSN - limited to first 100,000 downloaders)
- Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment (PSN, XBLA)
- Vector TD (PSP/PS3 minis)