Hello reader(s)! As you will know if you care about all that is good and explodey, the third instalment in Sony and Evolution Studios' mountain-jumping, mud-plugging, target-rendering MotorStorm series is due for release in the UK on 18th March exclusively for PlayStation 3.
For more on MotorStorm Apocalypse, check out the gamepage.
MotorStorm Apocalypse transfers the game's signature multi-route, multi-vehicle races from a volcanic island in the pacific, our venue last time out, to a US West Coast city in a state of catastrophic geological and environmental meltdown, and invites you to burn through crumbling skyscrapers, roar over collapsing freeways and drive provocatively across cycle lanes in the hunt for death or glory.
To celebrate, we are teaming up with Sony to give one of you the ultimate MotorStorm Apocalypse prize bundle:
- A trip for two to the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles
- A Sony Bravia 3DTV
- A copy of each of Sony's major core releases for 2011 on release: Killzone 3, inFamous 2, Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3
- A copy of MotorStorm Apocalypse, obviously
However, in order to qualify for this amazing bundle, you will need to demonstrate your gaming skills in a series of two real-life challenges. (What? Two is a series.) Watch the video below for a full and not at all ambiguous briefing.
Just in case you missed what we're getting at, this is how it's going to work:
First, you must answer the devastatingly difficult question below. Good luck. Many will fall at the first hurdle.
We will then draw the names of eight semi-finalists out of a suitably apocalyptic hat (one with a tear in the brim or something).
Those eight competitors will then be invited to journey south to Eurogamer headquarters in Brighton one evening next week to compete head to head in MotorStorm Apocalypse itself, a month ahead of the game's release. All eight will be rewarded with a copy of the game when it comes out, and fed with pizza and possibly given beer if we can get legal clearance or however that works.
From those eight, we will then choose the four very best, who will advance to take part in an upcoming evening event on 10th March in London, where they will compete against competitors chosen by three other publications. Only one will prevail and win all that cool jazz listed above.
And that guy or girl will definitely deserve it, because during the event competitors will be forced to cope with "environmental hazards" – including simulated earthquakes.
Full terms and conditions will be made available to competitors ahead of the event, but you probably shouldn't enter if you have, say, an existing heart condition or another health issue that might prove problematic when we literally electrocute you.
Extraordinary scenes, we'll sure you'll agree. So get stuck in. And good luck. Hopefully we'll see you next week...
The competition is now closed. Look out for the results soon!
- Winners must be available to visit Eurogamer HQ in Brighton on a weekday evening in the week commencing 21st February (we'll coordinate with you) and attend Sony's event in London on 10th March 2011.
- Prizes will not be exchanged for cash or other goods - if you don't want the prize, don't enter.
- All entries must reach us by Friday, 18th February 2011, at which point successful applicants will be picked.
- No employees of Eurogamer or Sony may enter.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- The judge's decision is final.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.